Alignment sticks, useful training aid?

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Going to get some alignment sticks from eBay. Wondering if 2 is enough for most drills/uses, or would people recommend more than that?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Always have them in the practice bag. Well worth investing in and not just for alignment

I know this is an old post but 100% agree. Many little practice routines my pro gets me to do using an alignment stick .. for like the £8 I paid for them I think it was I’ve certainly used them a lot!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Alignment sticks are excellent for - alignment funnily enough!!!

I use them every session on the range and also on a few bounce/solo games. I am extremely right eye dominant and if I'm not careful I can easily be aiming 20 yards right and think I'm parallel to the intended target. It's a constant battle for me.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
They are great for Training bind weed in the flower beds ready for week killer to be sprayed on it, or you could just use a couple of Garden Cains;)

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Lots of people just put them on the ground and line their feet up, but sticking one through your front belt loops gives you an idea where your hips are pointing at setup. Very useful.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s amazing how most people use these sticks incorrectly.

The worst is placing one across your feet and one to the side of the ball, what is the use of one if it’s 2” outside of your swing plane? That’s a route to shanksville!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I love how the pro's insist they wouldn't hit a ball on the range without these sticks down then stand on the tee with their feet aligned anything but straight.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just use 3 clubs one for foot alignment, one parallel to it a couple of inches away from the ball, outside of the swing path to check the club face is square and a third to at 90 degrees to check ball position.