AIG Womens Open

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Started today with appropriate comments on BBC website about the venue - HCEG's course at Muirfield.
Unfortunately, BBC's Scoreboard hasn't quite got it right - in fact not even in the same continent - as it's listed as being at Muirfield Village!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Looking forward to getting in front of the tellybox after work today for this

Surprised (& disappointed) to read about players having to enter the pro-am's in order to get any decent practice time on the course in a Major (pro-ams not even a thing in the mens Majors) seems the players still need to do the PR/smoochin in order to attract cash/investment to their game

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looking forward to getting in front of the tellybox after work today for this

Surprised (& disappointed) to read about players having to enter the pro-am's in order to get any decent practice time on the course in a Major (pro-ams not even a thing in the mens Majors) seems the players still need to do the PR/smoochin in order to attract cash/investment to their game

I'm in two minds on pro-ams as i saw a PGA player suggesting it was wrong not to be paid for them whereas they are on LIV. Sponsors are putting up significant money these days, so is it unreasonable to expect those wanting to earn that money to spend a day meeting people and adding an extra commercial element to the event. Appreciate it's a major but still feels acceptable, although they definitely should have access earlier in the week or week before.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Louise Duncan...leading the Open..
Early days but....Go Louise..??

Happy to see Hinako chan up there, she never really kicked on from winning it at Woburn, at least not in Europe or US. Really hope she does well, but also supporting Louise Duncan after her great performance last year.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Watching it now. Looks like it's a stern but fair test at the moment. The wind has been strong and steady all day, and there's been some creative shotmaking on display.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are they physical tickets ?
Or e-tickets ?
Was planning on Saturday with the grandson and just paying on the gate.
E-tickets mate. You just need to download the aig womens open app. If you then pm me your mobile number i can transfer them over to you?
Someone did this for me for the Scottish Open, Mens. Absolute doddle to do, don't be put off by it.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Out of interest, I know that the top men tour pro's have nominal indexes of somewhere around +5 to +7. How do the women pro's fare in this respect?
The Women indexes of Tour players would be around the same as the Mens, but you can't compare because a Women and a Man with the same Index are not the same in standard, only in relative standard to their gender, ie a Man with an Index of around 4 to 5 would be around scratch with a gender change

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Women indexes of Tour players would be around the same as the Mens, but you can't compare because a Women and a Man with the same Index are not the same in standard, only in relative standard to their gender, ie a Man with an Index of around 4 to 5 would be around scratch with a gender change

How do you work that out?

The top women are playing Muirfield at ~6600 yards. Plenty scoring below par in 30 mph gusts.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not especially interested in trying to make comparisons - was only interested to know how low their indexes were. At +5 or better it sounds pretty good to me.