AG offer

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They are defo making a move on the second hand market. My local direct Golf is shutting down. Attached to my range and AG are taking it over by looks so when I asked but AG have a store like a mile away I was told they are looking to make that store second hand etc and the store with the range the brand new store

It sounds like what direct Golf used to do years ago before they were bought out.. take the trade ins to one location rather than in stores scattered round

D

Deleted member 18588

They are defo making a move on the second hand market. My local direct Golf is shutting down. Attached to my range and AG are taking it over by looks so when I asked but AG have a store like a mile away I was told they are looking to make that store second hand etc and the store with the range the brand new store

It sounds like what direct Golf used to do years ago before they were bought out.. take the trade ins to one location rather than in stores scattered round

Still got to price and present the used kit properly and, to date, that is something that they have singularly failed to do.

Hence the great piles of "tat" that they are currently trying to shift.

G

guest100718

was in biggleswade AG yesterday and it has loads of 2nd hand gear.

They offered my friend £54 for his quite old set of Mizuno MX irons, that was prior to the deal, It will be interesting to see if they offer him 108 now...

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We were spoiled last year as their offer was too good! In most cases they were paying over the top trade-in prices, matching the best internet prices, and allowing you to trade in irons for putters etc, it was a win win win situation. I know I traded in 2 sets of 20 year old Mizunos for Ping G fairways and had hardly any cash to pay. But they've gone too far the other way now, prices are way too low and are more likely to insult customers rather than gain sales. They need a promotion somewhere in between the two where both sides should be happy, they also need a grading system for trade-ins rather than a fixed price to give a more accurate value, I appreciate that's not easy but you don't expect the same trade in price for identical cars if one is 3 years old with 100,000 miles and has dents in it while the other is 3 years old with 20,000 miles and immaculate condition. Condition must affect the resale value so it should also affect the trade in value.

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Seems the values may vary over time.

As I was dropping my son at Wentworth (free round - lucky lad) I decided to head over to AG Camberley afterwards as relatively local with the irons mentioned earlier in this thread for a trade in quote.

Thought nothing ventured, nothing gained and local with time to kill.

This time the value was closer to the one quoted 3 weeks ago and of course you can now trade in other than just a like for like basis so would expect less.

After price match I came out with a new G400 3 wood for £40 which considering the condition of the trade in I am pleased about.

As an additional incidental - they are doing a free combined promo with Fairweather Golf in Camberley (where they do the robot golf training) for club fitting/lessons next Friday so booked a 30 minute no obligation appointment to hopefully try that but more interested in having a go on the Sam puttlab.