Advice versus encouragement

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Its a funny one this, yes it is advice. Has 80+% of the field minimum done the same and not taken penalties in every competition during the season. Probably also yes

D

Deleted Member 1156

This is really disappointing. Total disregard for the rules of the game by the OP. Whatever next....looking for a ball for the full 5 minutes without calling the group behind through?

Shocking behaviour! :confused:

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I played in a 4BBB match a couple of weeks ago when one of our opponents played really well, but his partner was having a complete mare. I could clearly see what the latter was doing wrong, but kept quiet about it until after we won the match at the 16th. I then told him what he was doing wrong and after a few practice swings he played the last two holes really well. Does giving advice after a match is finished, but before the round is completed, infringe the rules in any way?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I played in a 4BBB match a couple of weeks ago when one of our opponents played really well, but his partner was having a complete mare. I could clearly see what the latter was doing wrong, but kept quiet about it until after we won the match at the 16th. I then told him what he was doing wrong and after a few practice swings he played the last two holes really well. Does giving advice after a match is finished, but before the round is completed, infringe the rules in any way?

Wasn't your round completed when play finished on 16th green? )Or rather what is this 'round' you speak of? you weren't playing a round of golf, you were playing a match

Last edited:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

The match is over - the holes you are playing now have no more relevance than going out again that day, or the next.