Advice on Trolleys

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am with Parmo on this. Pull trolleys are really bad for your back and neck. Push trolleys are ok, but they are so near to being electric in terms of assembly hassle and storage that you might as well go powered. I am also not sure how much more exercise I would get from pushing a trolley. I bet it isn't much.

My arguements against powered trolleys used to be the noise they make, but the latest ones are incredibly quiet.
I am thinking about going electric next season to give my back a rest. No point in the winter due to course marshalling and general trolley bans, but next season I may give it a go, see if I finish the round fresher and more on form. After all, Tiger doesn't carry his bag either so there must be merit in it.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Got to admit that I was dead against an electric trolley, and was going to stick with the pull trolley. However, my old shoulder blade / rib injury has really been playing me up with the pull trolley, and was consequently affecting my game and swing. Hence the decission to go for an electric one, (well, soon I hope!).

Sandy

Assistant Pro
www.gokart.co.uk
lurking? Me? not at all. I do think that forums are designed for non-commercial banter though. and I wouldn't dream of using posting as a soapbox. Rather than respond here to any questions it's probably better for people to email Gokart direct - go@gokart.co.uk or pm me and I'll answer.
I'll chuck my pennyworth in on other subjects though, now that I'm here!

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I quite like the looks of the gokart ones, the only downside is the lack of toys that goes with it. If I buy a electric trolley I want a brolley holder and things. :eek:

The gokart looks really quick to set up.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Ok my bad, gokart do or more like going to start selling brolly holders. I wouldnt mind a match bag though.

Gents advice please: -

which would be the best buy for £200?

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
How many anti electric trolley folks have actually used them? I got my hillbilly about 18 months ago and it is great!
I used my old pull trolley on a nine hole course recently, only because as we were camping car space was limited, and i hated it ,i would rather carry. Not only did i keep going to push it, but i realised just how much i do on the move with the hillbilly that i cannot do with the pull trolley, e.g marking the card , putting the glove back on, having a quick coffee or smoke , clean ball , sort tees etc. Granted some of those are not impossible with a pull trolley but its far easier with electric. I also notice i feel much better about my shots having not just walked up hill with a twisted back pulling a trolley . As for the "I like to carry to keep fit" brigade , i think it was MWJ who summed it up lovely some time ago , if you want to keep fit got to the gym ,
I even manage to get hedgehogs on it during the winter , unashamedly! and no it does not seem to harm the course , if you are considerate with how you use it and where you take it there is no problem .
Golf would not be so enjoyable without mine!

DCB

Visit site
I occassionaly use my wifes Powacaddy and must admit it is great. Recently I bought a Powacaddy Twinline 3 push/pull trolly as a replacement for an old trolley that had gone to the great trolley park in the sky. Apart from folding up really small (the main reason for buying this model) it is actually a very nice trolley. I can adjust the height of the handle to suite myself perfectly. Ideal for a backup for the odd occassion that my wife and I play mixed foursomes. So I may decide that age is catching up on me and become a trolley man on a permanent basis !

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
how about buggies?

I could really go to town ranting on about those flipping things grrrrrrr

We used buggies at cobtree, basically because it is very hilly and it was scorching hot also, they definately do have their uses for sure, particularly when super-hot.

Also used them in a society last tuesday, thank god for them as it was a monsoon of biblical propertions for the round and even with the buggies we were sodden down to our underpant so without them..... we probably would have drowned!

krokodil

Head Pro
Visit site
Looking at the S3-that looks the mutts nuts, however having a bad experience with one of the less well known brands I am leaning towards a powakaddy. Having said that, the feedback on here for the moto range seems pretty positive.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Parmo.

A bag is planned by GoKart at some point in the near future. All this info is on their web site. I'd also go so far to say that their stuff looks good value for money, and all this talk of 'leccy trollies is not helping me putting off buying one until next year. Mind you it'll still be a GoKart I think.