Adjustable woods

evemccc

Visit site
I am thinking of getting an adjustable fairway wood

Am I correct in thinking I would not be allowed to adjust the club mid-round?
For example: on the first hole I used it to play a tee-shot with the FW set at 17 degrees, and then on the second hole par 5 I wanted to adjust it to 19 degrees for my second shot

Or is it mid-hole? For example, a tee shot with it at 17 and then the second shot at 19 on the same hole

Thanks

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve had my Titleist 910 for 10 years and have never changed the settings. Imagine how slow a round would be if everyone was changing club settings for every shot?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve had my Titleist 910 for 10 years and have never changed the settings. Imagine how slow a round would be if everyone was changing club settings for every shot?
But think how quick people would be able to walk between shots if they only had 2/3 fully adjustable clubs;)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am thinking of getting an adjustable fairway wood
Am I correct in thinking I would not be allowed to adjust the club mid-round?
For example: on the first hole I used it to play a tee-shot with the FW set at 17 degrees, and then on the second hole par 5 I wanted to adjust it to 19 degrees for my second shot

If I thought it would make one iotas difference, I'd try it myself.
But I'd fat/thin/slice/hook a 17 degree wood about the same distance that I'd fat/thin/slice/hook a 19 degree wood.
I'm not that good.
:oops::oops::oops::oops:

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have an adjustable fairway, but I don't mess with it that was done at fitting. Besides as everyone says you'd be breaking the rules if you changed it during the round. I believe you can adjust but only if your club is damaged and you are restoring it to the original state it was in at the start of the round.

Swango1980

Visit site
I have an adjustable fairway, but I don't mess with it that was done at fitting. Besides as everyone says you'd be breaking the rules if you changed it during the round. I believe you can adjust but only if your club is damaged and you are restoring it to the original state it was in at the start of the round.
It would be pointless me having an adjustable fairway. I'd always have it set on "Very Wide" ;)