Adizero golf shoes

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Exactly that. I think what happened is that to aid grip the spikes went on to raised mounts and so that they pressed more into the turf. I've seen the effect personally at our course. It's quite dramatic. I believe they've changed the design now.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The older ones used to rip up the greens and you could clearly see where a player wearing them had been. As you are currently not allowed to repair spike marks it puts players following at a big disadvantage.

I sold mine after just two rounds when I realised what they were doing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Checking out prices at Calcot Park GC and saw the following statement:

So what is so bad about them?

Be careful. I know a few members in work there and it can get very, very wet. The original adizeros had a problem leaving indentations in the greens and I don't think Calcot Park was alone in banning them. I don't think the later incarnations had the same problem or maybe they do, but it's not something I was aware of. Are you looking at other course options? If you are looking Reading way I'd look at Caversham Heath personally

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Ive got a pair and don’t wear them in the winter, they’re fine through the summer on firm greens, shame, as they’re the comfiest shoes I’ve worn

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Bought some off direct golf 2 year ago for 17 quid (Bargain I thought) and bloody hell they're bad when the greens are a bit damp. Quick google after my first round in them and saw all the negative reviews.

Fine in summer though

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's was the adizero one that were the issue. The adizero brand had many other models too, softspikes and 6 spike were all perfectly fine. Would also been fine on greens on many greens, mainly softer greens were affected.

In recent times I've seen the same indentations with footjoy hyperflex, Under Armour Speith and some versions of Puma too. They all seem to recover the same way the adizero indentations did.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
See that there is some concerns about the new Nike Lunar Control Vapor 2 that have moulded ridges rather than spikes. Was about to press the button on a pair but has made me think twice, especially as it looks like wet greens are going to be with us for some time yet!