Adams Tight Lies against others ,advice needed ,medical situation.(Parkinsons disease)

Ratter

Visit site
Hi guys , i hope my post title isnt as crazy as it looks to me , i was trying to attract the right responses. I will go into my story and hopefully somebody will be able to advise.

I have been playing for several years to an ok standard , a couple of years ago i was diagnosed with Parkinsons disease which at first didnt present too much of a problem but now the disease is eating into my game so much so that i sometimes feel like giving up the game i love , which would be stupid as it is a pastime very good for Parkinsons disease.

As a result of the PD my game is suffering particularly my mid to long irons and i started to think about introducing a fairway wood / hybrid option to more or less replace my mid to long irons , something easier to hit and get off the ground. I found myself been seduced by the Adams "Tight Lies" range and was considering something like a 5 19deg fairway wood plus a 5 26deg hybrid . I cant help feeling i am letting myself be blinkered by the Adams option and surely there must be a UK based option probably much cheaper as well.

I think ,in a long winded way ,i am asking can anybody suggest some options to suit my needs in relation to forgiveness etc to take the burden off my irons on the fairway with my medical condition in mind. I am on the point of going Adams direction which could turn out to be an expensive misatake .

Clearly with a degenarative condition like Parkinsons my game is going to suffer to a point were i may have to give in but i am not ready to give up the game i love without a fight and possibly an equipment change may help me enjoy the game for a bit longer yet.

Any advice appreciated.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They've got some sets on Golfbidder is you want to consider second hand and I believe you can return if not for you.

Ratter

Visit site
Thank you for all the hejpful replies so far , i should have clarified in my original post , i am happy with my current irons , i just need to supplement them with some fairway wood/hybrid options , thanks

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought an old 912H 24* hybrid off eBay .
It’s a bit battered but only paid £40 for it.
It’s the best club in my bag atm ,easy to hit ,and I even chip with it.
So just buy an old Adams Hybrid to try.
or
A wood/ hybrid fitting might open your eyes and you could see the data where they blend in with your irons to give consistent gaps.
Plus the fitter will help you choose your weapons.
Nothing to lose only a fitting fee.
Hope you sort it out and keep playing.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Can certainly recommend 25/26* Hybrids as 5i replacement. Stupid easy to hit from even pretty awful lies.
Tried a Tight Lies 5W many years ago (while playing on links) and while Ok, it wasn't the 'magic fix' some had made it out to be - needing a bit more of a sweep than was 'natural' for me. Happy with my Adams 3W adjusted to '4.5' though - my 'go to' club for anything 'out of range' of any of my several other (also Adams) Hybrids.