Adams Launch Day with David Howell

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Absolutely amazing day at the Adams launch event today at Top Golf with Golf Monthly and David Howell. :D

We began by watching David Howell do some media shots and instruction videos, then met him and he put me instantly at ease, extremely likeable guy. We then got taken away by Mike and the photographer for some portrait shots for the mag feature - slightly cringe but good fun in various poses with the Adams range.

We then had a range session with the new Adams Blue range and a 20 minute 1-1 lesson with David Howell. Thankfully my nerves didnt get the better of me and I struck the ball quite nicely - he gave me some great tips on squaring my front shoulder and club takeaway a little more outside which had some pretty instant results. He then gave me a lesson in shaping the ball, working on a fade and draw through changing setup which was cool. Tom and then Greg then had their session, Tom worked on club head position at the top and saw massive improvements! I'll let Greg say how Howeller described his backswing! His session was on tempo and clubhead position as well, and it seemed like he got a lot from it too.

The clubs themselves were fantastic, I may have pretty limited knowledge but I couldn't recommend them highly enough for a mid-high HC. Whatever the technology the irons have in them, it really does get the ball to launch easily, and the forgiveness in them meant off-centre strikes were still very good. When I found the sweet spot they really did get out there! Not surprisingly for Adams that the hybrid was an absolute dream - it really felt like cheating when struck well - on and on and on it went, bullet straight.

Finally, we had a really interesting Q&A session with Howeller and got some insight into his life on tour, his mindset, memorable shots etc. Greg asked some great questions around the future of golf which David handled very well. He was also extremely positive around what happened in China last week which was good to hear. I then stuck around for some lunch courtesy of Adams but Greg and Tom had to shoot off.

All in all my best golf related day by miles, so huge thanks to Mike, Joel, the Adams team and Top Golf for the opportunity and hospitality. Another huge thanks as well to Howeller who really was a top bloke, absolutely no ego whatsoever and was really keen to help us out and then share some of his stories.

I now can't wait to receive my clubs! :thup:

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
sounds like a great day. Super write up of how it all worked out. Kudos to GM, Adams and to Howeller. He is an absolute gent.

triangle

Visit site
Great write up pal - I had a cracking time. What a lovely bunch of guys at Golf Monthly and Howeller too - I'll echo the above and say no ego whatsoever, he's a very engaging and thoughtful bloke who had a lot of time for all of us. Thanks GM!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not scarred for life, once Howeller slowed my backswing down and made a couple of changes it was all good, better than good and the Adams range is superb. Once I am on a proper PC and not my phone I will give it a full write up but it was an excellent day, David Howell is a total gent who really took time looking at our swings and answered anything and GM have come up trumps with a cracking day

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Not scarred for life, once Howeller slowed my backswing down and made a couple of changes it was all good, better than good and the Adams range is superb. Once I am on a proper PC and not my phone I will give it a full write up but it was an excellent day, David Howell is a total gent who really took time looking at our swings and answered anything and GM have come up trumps with a cracking day

Wonderful news :) :thup:

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Howeller really is a true gent, met him a few years at Bearwood Lakes when he was with Srixon/Cleveland. Great write up, and judging by the photos of this and the sessions in the afternoon it looks like the Adams stuff could do well.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I certainly think it is a brave move going away from the custom fit, adjustability route and just making a set of clubs as forgiving as they can for people to pick up and play with. I like the idea and think it will appeal to many who are confused by or cannot be bothered with the miriad of options to consider when looking at most club ranges. whether the idea has wide appeal, only time will tell but I enjoyed the whole range, the hybrids especially, and am looking forward to trying the on the course when they arrive

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
David Howell really i the epitome of a Golf Professional!

I've had the pleasure of meeting him on a number of occasions, both golf and non-golf related and he truly is a fantastic ambassador for whoever what Golf is all about!

As an Adams fan, I am a bit fearful about what TM may do to the brand, but good to see it's still being promoted! I have to say the Yes Putters, part of the Adams stable, are absolutely great kit too - even though I'm not a current user!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Certainly the better player Red hybrid was in keeping with past Adams clubs and would not look out if place in any of their previous better player ranges. I was going to ask if their was going to be a full range of Red clubs for better players but forgot