AD333 vs AD333 Tour

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Has anyone compared the two balls or currently play one over the other?

Going to purchase some on the 3 for 2 deal Srixon are currently running.

Did anyone notice any performance gains playing the tour over the regular version?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Tour i think is a better ball, would use it in winter no issues.

still have a shopping cart full of 333 in the garden that my old dog Baldrick found over Torvean, alas its too expensive to post them to anyone outside my area

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have an irrational dislike of them because their name is long and unwieldy. What do you call them, A D three three threes? Or Three thirty threes? Three hundred and thirty threes? Why did they give them such a cumbersome name?? Other brands use snappier titles like 'Velocity', 'Chromesoft', in fact even Srixon's other balls are snappier named than this particular ball. Whoever came up with AD333 certainly wasn't a marketing man.

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tour i think is a better ball, would use it in winter no issues.

still have a shopping cart full of 333 in the garden that my old dog Baldrick found over Torvean, alas its too expensive to post them to anyone outside my area

What are you using during the Summer?

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have an irrational dislike of them because their name is long and unwieldy. What do you call them, A D three three threes? Or Three thirty threes? Three hundred and thirty threes? Why did they give them such a cumbersome name?? Other brands use snappier titles like 'Velocity', 'Chromesoft', in fact even Srixon's other balls are snappier named than this particular ball. Whoever came up with AD333 certainly wasn't a marketing man.
333 due to the number of dimples on the original gen 1 model.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Oh i dodn't know, they have got away with using that name for a few years, just like the Prov1, people remember it rather than some silly name, like; Ice or Crush etc:ROFLMAO:

and as Banana says the dimples

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So the name isn't even relevant anymore because the number of dimples has changed? That's even worse!
A manufacturer can call their product what they like, regardless of whether you like it or not. Just in case you hadn't noticed, the Mini is called just that, even though it isn't.
Perhaps you should get onto BMW and tell them, just in case they hadn't realised.:cautious:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I use them both, must say I do prefer the Tours, they just feel "better" all round. But ave for to the stage am not paying tour prices. 3 for 2 would make it a better deal though.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I keep Z-Stars to use - as I keep TP5s, TP5xs, Bridgestone Tour B XS and Tour B RXs. Everything else goes in the bag for our juniors and our range. Got hundreds of AD333s and a growing number of AD333 Tours. Current ball of choice is Pro V1 or V1x - I'm not fussed which I use. Also got a doz AVXs - not tried them yet.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My understanding was that name was an abbreviation for 'Advanced Design; 333 dimples'.

AD333 Tour is my ball of choice these days. Blue one eels a bit of a rock. Never liked the Green 'soft'. Distance is my Winter ball, though I'm just about through the several dozen I bought very cheaply some years ago.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
AD333 is a two piece ball

AD333 Tour is a three piece ball

I would play with the Tour but not the standard ball

The standard ball is slightly harder and does not spin as much as the Tour.