Across The Line At the Top

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It is a fault I've had for years. Working on the one plane swing and trying to get more laid off. Not easy as I have a big fault which means I swing too far. It forces my head and body to raise up and put the club across the line. Working on a more powerful and shorter coil (or I was before my current hiatus) and early results much better

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
hi homer

yes that seems to be exactly what im experiencing, i naturally tend to over swing the longer clubs trying to get a bit more distance, then come across the line, i think there must be something slightly wrong with technique, i don't think im that flexible.

Shorter coil that feels more powerful would great for me, what moves are you working on to get into that position?

thanks

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
do you mean past parallel? if you are it isnt by much.............
is it causing you problems with striking and ball flight etc?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you are hitting it well, then I'd question why you want to change.

If you do want to change, simply don't turn as far and visualise a 3/4 swing.

Disclaimer: i'm not an expert ;)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Swing doesn't look bad (always room for improvement if you have the desire/funds/time to!) and unless there is something going wrong that you want to fix, I wouldn't bother changing it.

The one thing that looks a bit odd is what happens to your legs (well, knees) on the follow-through. I'd normally expect the knees to be a bit closer together with the right one driving down the target line - rather than to its right that appears to be the case. The 'lash' swing seems a bit 'better' in this regard, but that appears to be a bit too much of a 'body swing with arms following' rather than having everything in sync. Pushes/blocks (or low pull-hooks when over-correcting) tend to be the bad shot in that case - depending on timing.

Last edited:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you feel your backswing is too long and across the line at the top, try this...
Film yourself doing this
Swing the club back as normal but feel as if you aren't setting your wrists, so no wrist roll or hinge.
When you watch yourself on video doing that, you may be surprised how it looks and how well the ball goes.:)

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
thanks for the help fellas

i will definitley try the less wrist cock Bob, i always fim myself at the range now only way i can tell if im doing the right thing, i want to build a consistent swing.

i agree with what you said regarding right leg foxholer, next on my list to work on. i think it might have something to do with being to aggresive, might right heel seems to get off the ground very early.

i quite like the rotation element in my swing though but as you say my arms seem to lag behind a bit, open shoulders at impact..

Last edited: