Aches and pain relief

Bermuda

Visit site
Have tried Volterol and Tiger balm, what have you found to be the best remedy for golf related aches and pains please??, I have made some swing changes which have helped loads but any remedies would be welcome

3-off-the-tee

Visit site
Have tried Volterol and Tiger balm, what have you found to be the best remedy for golf related aches and pains please??, I have made some swing changes which have helped loads but any remedies would be welcome

Topical remedies such as Voltarol or ibuprofen gel aren’t any way near as effective as taking oral pain relief. Paracetamol and Ibuprofen will solve the majority of aches and pains.

Sekiro

Visit site
I’ve always used Deep Heat muscle rub, it’s old school but works for most muscle based pain, I also have one of them muscle balls that you put in the freezer and it’s been fantastic for pulls and strains, I’ve also tried ice baths, they work great after 4-5 hours of climbing but they aren’t enjoyable so I wouldn’t recommend them haha, beyond that I have a chronic condition so have prescription codeine phosphate which works for most of your general aches and pains, I think you can buy a lower none prescription dose in the form of cocodamol (codeine + paracetamol) but it can be addictive so use with caution.

My brother has been taking CBD oil for about two months and says he no longer has any pain, sleeps better and feels generally of better mood since he started taking it, he’s recently converted our mother into taking it for hip and shoulder pain, she’s only been taking it a couple of weeks and says it’s the most pain free she has been in over a decade (she takes 15mg x2 daily). I’m no expert on it but might be worth doing some further reading / research into it.

Try turmeric strongest anti inflammatory known to man and its natural. I had a bad pain in my hands a few years ago. Did a lot of boxing when i was younger, had x rays everything was showing ok and doctors couldn’t really recommend anything Except strong painkillers and you dont want to be on them. Did some looking about on the internet and found out about turmeric and after years of pain turmeric fixed my hands after a few weeks. Turmeric is a natural spice so ignore the recommendations that say take two capsules a day, think i was taking ten lol but it works.

Chico84

Visit site
Like any new exercise changing your swing will have your body doing things it isn’t used to so there will be a bit of adjustment period. If this is the main reason for the aches and pain then as previously mentioned, daily stretching and exercise will provide the biggest benefit in the long run. Even just ten minutes a day focusing on back, core and shoulders will provide you with some relief within days.

Combining this in the short term with a bit of ibuprofen and tiger balm/deep heat massaged into any hot spots should be sufficient.

If the pain is due to a chronic issue then I would talk to your pro about it and look at how your physiology can accommodate an effective swing. Also worth talking to a medical professional if the pain gets worse. You shouldn’t need pain killers for more than a few days unless there is something more serious at play.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve always used Deep Heat muscle rub, it’s old school but works for most muscle based pain, I also have one of them muscle balls that you put in the freezer and it’s been fantastic for pulls and strains, I’ve also tried ice baths, they work great after 4-5 hours of climbing but they aren’t enjoyable so I wouldn’t recommend them haha, beyond that I have a chronic condition so have prescription codeine phosphate which works for most of your general aches and pains, I think you can buy a lower none prescription dose in the form of cocodamol (codeine + paracetamol) but it can be addictive so use with caution.

My brother has been taking CBD oil for about two months and says he no longer has any pain, sleeps better and feels generally of better mood since he started taking it, he’s recently converted our mother into taking it for hip and shoulder pain, she’s only been taking it a couple of weeks and says it’s the most pain free she has been in over a decade (she takes 15mg x2 daily). I’m no expert on it but might be worth doing some further reading / research into it.

I also have relatives that say they have got relief from taking CBD oil, well worth a try and much better than taking ibuprofen etc which taken often is not a good idea.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Depends on what pain it is and where it is. Muscle pain, I use Deep Heat in conjunction with stretching exercises and massage. Did try Tiger Balm, which was good, but I had allergic reactions to it, so stopped using it. On the odd occasion where the back or neck get too stiff, a visit to the chiropractor usually resolves it. Don't use painkillers unless I really have to, then it's usually paracetamol, stay away from ibuprofen where possible. Have some co-codomol left over from my kidney stone 2 years ago which I can use if the back is particularly bad, But that is not often given the amount I still have.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Depending on how severe the pain is I'd either be seeking medical advice or resting for a few days and letting any inflammation die down a little. Ibuprofen will help but sometimes rest is the best cure

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you know which ones they are using? They may all be the same but I'm seeing a host of options and I'd rather get one that someone has tried and likes.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is vitally important to read the patient leaflet with anti inflammatories such as Ibuprofen. They are not intended for long term continual use and can cause problems in the stomach.

I use one of three ( all prescribed)
Ibuprofen
Diclofenac
Naproxen

If the injury is somewhere I can use a gel on I prefer to go that way to help avoid the stomach problems.

I also take fish oil and glucosamine on a daily basis.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It is vitally important to read the patient leaflet with anti inflammatories such as Ibuprofen. They are not intended for long term continual use and can cause problems in the stomach.

I use one of three ( all prescribed)
Ibuprofen
Diclofenac
Naproxen

If the injury is somewhere I can use a gel on I prefer to go that way to help avoid the stomach problems.

I also take fish oil and glucosamine on a daily basis.
Agree about taking Ibuprofen etc very bad for your stomach if you take to many regularly.

Instead of fish oil try eating fresh mackerel or herring ? probably one of the best things you can eat and as a pelagic fisherman it will help my industry ?