Acceptable Attire at Home

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When I arrive home from work, after greeting my 18 month old daughter the first thing I do is get out of my work clothes and change in to a pair of shorts and a tee/polo shirt. On a weekend if I'm not in a rush to be somewhere the shorts and t shirt combo will be worn until it's time to go out. They are just what I'm comfy in and perfect for chilling at home.

My Mrs must have been sick of the sight of my footballers thighs as yesterday on my return from work she had 3 pairs of what can only be described as "lounge pants" waiting for me. These were of a wacky nature and comprised of Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, Stuey from Family Guy and He Man. Not exactly rock and roll. Anyway, not wanting to appear ungrateful I duly adorned the He man ones this morning. They looked ridiculous but felt comfy enough. Was pottering about in the kitchen when the doorbell went. It was the gas man to read the meter. Took him all of 4 seconds to comment on my attire! In fairness deservedly so as a 34 year old man should not be wearing such monstrosities. He drinks in my local too so expecting some comments when I pop in for a pint tonight.
At least I wasn't wearing a onesie! So what is acceptable attire around the house for you?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
My onesie has now gone in the wardrobe.
Now sitting in shorts and a tee shirt,watching sport all afternoon.
Still got the fire on though,just to take the edge off.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I arrive home from work, after greeting my 18 month old daughter the first thing I do is get out of my work clothes and change in to a pair of shorts and a tee/polo shirt. On a weekend if I'm not in a rush to be somewhere the shorts and t shirt combo will be worn until it's time to go out. They are just what I'm comfy in and perfect for chilling at home.

My Mrs must have been sick of the sight of my footballers thighs as yesterday on my return from work she had 3 pairs of what can only be described as "lounge pants" waiting for me. These were of a wacky nature and comprised of Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, Stuey from Family Guy and He Man. Not exactly rock and roll. Anyway, not wanting to appear ungrateful I duly adorned the He man ones this morning. They looked ridiculous but felt comfy enough. Was pottering about in the kitchen when the doorbell went. It was the gas man to read the meter. Took him all of 4 seconds to comment on my attire! In fairness deservedly so as a 34 year old man should not be wearing such monstrosities. He drinks in my local too so expecting some comments when I pop in for a pint tonight.
At least I wasn't wearing a onesie! So what is acceptable attire around the house for you?

You should comply with your home's stated dress code as this is showing consideration for your fellow home users. Oh, and no mobiles!!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
So what is acceptable attire around the house for you?

Whatever I want; my house, my rules. Might be shorts, might be joggers, might be a dressing gown if I feel like it. And woe betide any meter reader who thinks it is their place to comment on what I wear in my house.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Scruffiest shorts I can find and t shirt with food and tea stains on it is the norm. Knackered slippers

onesies should be banned with sprouts and celery.

John

Club Champion
Visit site
dressing gown until ive showered and then standard jeans/t's/shirt that I live in. This might be the first time i've actually given it this much thought, may change things up with some joggers to see how it goes.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I have a lovely, pink taffata off the shoulder top with puff sleeves. Clashes a wee bit with the tight lime green mini and white sling backs...;)

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Joggers and a tee/hoody in winter, jogger shorts and a tee in summer

I have "lounge pants" too but they look too much like pajamas/body builder pants for around the house

You have to be able to answer the door and not look daft

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Joggers and t-shirt in winter, shorts and t-shirt in summer. Flip flops all year unless it's really cold when I might put some socks on!

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Joggers and a tee/hoody in winter, jogger shorts and a tee in summer

I have "lounge pants" too but they look too much like pajamas/body builder pants for around the house

You have to be able to answer the door and not look daft

Canny beat some jangle dicks hahaha