A Touch of the Thins!

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Recently, I have hit a bit of form, scoring very nicely. Why? Because if your bad shots go straight you wont (often) run up a big number. Last weekend I was around in level par, albeit off of the fronts which would be one over the SSS from those tees. However I have caught a large dose of the thins. If I take a divot at all it seems to be around 3 inches beyond where the ball was.

I dont think its the ball position, but more the lack of keeping the same spine angle throughout the swing. I am trying hard to actually see the club head make contact with the ball but this is difficult!

Has anyone else had a touch of the thins and what did you try that worked? It seems OK when down the range (I use a tour striker to work on this).

As luck has it its fairly mild otherwise, boy, would my hands hurt!

Thanks in advance.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
A divot 3" after the ball is generally considered very good. What clubs are you catching thin? Where IS your ball placement? Are you swinging right through to a good finish position?

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A divot 3" after the ball is generally considered very good. What clubs are you catching thin? Where IS your ball placement? Are you swinging right through to a good finish position?

Its mainly with the irons and the shorter ones seem more of an extreme thin. I am warey of having the ball too far forward it the stance. I really think I have to maintain my spine angle for a split second longer (and being able to see the club hit the ball would be a start!)

Everything else seems really good - and the fact that the thins are straight is encouraging also.

I am working on keeping more centered with no shift on the backswing. I wonder what other adjustments might have to be made due to this?

Thanks for the comments guys, please keep em comming.