A swing

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Does David Leadbetter still advocate A swing? Looking online, all videos seem to go back to 2015, nothing more recent. Been practicing swing in garden during lockdown, which feels weird, grip especially. Just wondered if it was still a thing and whether anybody had any success with it past and present?

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The only player I know that uses The A swing is Michelle Wie. Believe David Leadbetter was/is her coach and he’s messed her up ?
It’s not for me personally and I’m not a fan of Leadbetter.
If however you feel it’s right for you then crack on and maybe see a pro who subscribes to it.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
The only player I know that uses The A swing is Michelle Wie. Believe David Leadbetter was/is her coach and he’s messed her up ?
It’s not for me personally and I’m not a fan of Leadbetter.
If however you feel it’s right for you then crack on and maybe see a pro who subscribes to it.
Does George Gankas not teach a variation of the A swing? certainly has that similar principle of straight up then shallow. Seems to do/teach different things with ground force, use of legs. But the principle of what the club is doing seems similar.

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cheers, forgot about GG. Think I have been doing it for years without using the butterfly grip and without realising it as such. Started using the butterfly grip for swing inc pitching and chipping and it seems to give me more balance and at least the feel of a naturally squarer face at impact. Just need to iron it out on course