A good shafting....

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a difference a shaft makes. Today was the first outing for the TP Matrix Ozik HD6 shaft in the Rbz at the range. After a warm up with the irons I started hitting the rbz with the stock shaft. As before it has been the best driver I have got on with but even so was at times whippy and erratic. After 10-15 drives I decided to load the HD6 and what a huge difference. For a start you have to go after the ball while keeping your swing tight on line. The headcover drill was setup and after 3 or 4 balls to adjust I was hitting almost everything straight, even a bad drive inc mis-hits were ballooned to 175ish and would still be in play on a course.

Having to attack the driver also helped with my 3 wood with the motore f3 in it as usually it was too big a change from the rbz stock shaft. I'm glad I went for the mid launching HD6 shaft over the rip shaft I was going to as I think the rip would have launched the ball too low for me, even with 10.5deg.

I'm a happy lad. One for getting off my backside on a wintry day and having a good session, but also for witnessing an embarrassed jumped up daddy's boy who rocked up to the bay with a grin, pulled out his shiney red nike driver and duffed one well short of the 100yard green. Plonker