A Golfer's Personal Notebook

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm thinking about creating a notebook of little golfing bits and bobs to keep me on track on the course, club distances, stances, etc.

Does anyone else have such a book/journal?

What things do you put in it?
How do you measure distances? on the range with range balls or on the course with "your" ball.
Do you keep little confidence notes?

These are things Bob Rotella's "Your 15th Club" have brought up so just wondered what people do.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a notebook that I jot down little things from on tv, Shawn Clements, lessons etc to try at the range

also if down the range and something clicks I jot down what it was as I am as forgetful as a goldfish

I havent bothered with club distances as too inconsitent with my swing yet but have a rough idea based from my 6 iron @ 150yds then add/minus 10 yards per club up/down it seems to work for me so far (when I dont top, sky, slice or hook ;) )

we were on mats sunday so I used my gps app to work out distances which I have written down also to save me doing it next week.

I reckon anything that helps you improve is worth a try

bignev

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have one, I record my rounds in it. Not the total round but how many Putts, greens in Regulation, fairways hit and other stuff then hopefully I can see any areas that I really need to work on. At the moment its everything but mainly my short game letting me down.
I also tend to put down what frame of mind I was in on that day. Hope this is usful info

ianshearin

Club Champion
Visit site
I keep my distances on a iphone for each club, never actually used it though over the Winter as distances are all over the place at the minute.
The other day I was playing with a guy and noticed he had some tape on his clubs. When I asked him about it he showed me on each club he had taped a note with 3 distances, one for the distance holding club at the top, one for holding at the middle and one for putting his hands further down.

garymac

Hacker
Visit site
i have an i phone for 17.99 i bought an an app (golfshot) which keeps statistics and has an excellent gps for thousands and thousands of courses. It has given me some very good data which enables me to monitor club useage vs distances etc.

hope that helps? ;)