a golf club that doesnt work out the css correctly

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
situation two golf clubs that play on the same course. one uses handicap software the other doesnt. the one without plays on saturday the other on sunday. some of the sunday players have their home club as the saturday club. we also have some of their members that have the sunday club as their home. and on numerous occasions the sunday club has calculated that the css on the saturday to be different than what was posted. sometimes out by 2. and this can affect our css on the sunday. what as the sunday club can we do about it, if we believe they are calculating the css incorrectly.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
situation two golf clubs that play on the same course. one uses handicap software the other doesnt. the one without plays on saturday the other on sunday. some of the sunday players have their home club as the saturday club. we also have some of their members that have the sunday club as their home. and on numerous occasions the sunday club has calculated that the css on the saturday to be different than what was posted. sometimes out by 2. and this can affect our css on the sunday. what as the sunday club can we do about it, if we believe they are calculating the css incorrectly.

What a strange and complicated situation. The first and obvious point is that you need to be 100% certain of your facts – whoever on your club is calculating the other club’s CSS manually has to be following the CONGU manual exactly. If that is the case, then, to avoid an escalating situation, you need to put your evidence to the other club and ask for a response. If they are in the wrong and refuse to acknowledge it or to do anything about it, you will then have to present your evidence to your County Union which has the responsibility to ensure that clubs follow CONGU rules. It would be much better to keep it at club level.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are all the players (whether home or away) entered for the CSS calculations or does the one without the software only calculate based on their home players?

Actually - I'm confused.com. Rosecott will be along in a tick to sort it out :)

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are all the players (whether home or away) entered for the CSS calculations or does the one without the software only calculate based on their home players?

If they only use Home players, they are in the wrong and may be confusing things with the rules for separate CSS calculations for Home and Away players in Open competitions.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm intrigued to understand why there are 2 clubs, using the same course. Seems an almost impossible situation, that must be wasteful of resources.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm confused just at the fact 2 different clubs playing one course! How does that work and whats the course/clubs..

Usually the CSS will be club/course specific but as its 2 clubs one course, without the software surely its like peeing in the wind

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm intrigued to understand why there are 2 clubs, using the same course. Seems an almost impossible situation, that must be wasteful of resources.

its a municipal course, and they used to be one club many many years ago. and there is defo them and us mentality. and its US with the software

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

I'm confused just at the fact 2 different clubs playing one course! How does that work and whats the course/clubs..

Usually the CSS will be club/course specific but as its 2 clubs one course, without the software surely its like peeing in the wind

It's unusual but not unknown. The best example is St Andrews where I believe there are a number of affiliated clubs playing qualifiers on a particular course and even affiliated clubs playing qualifiers on more than one course.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

its a municipal course, and they used to be one club many many years ago. and there is defo them and us mentality. and its US with the software

What is the other club's name? I can see from your sig that you are The Irvine.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought so, there can't be many munis that charge £60 a round. I'm sure I can work out the two clubs concerned from the SGU website.

How much more complicated can it get - you are a Home player at one club and an Away player at another club which has a different club using the same course. Is there a lot of in-breeding in North Ayrshire?

Last edited:

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought so, there can't be many munis that charge £60 a round. I'm sure I can work out the two clubs concerned from the SGU website.

How much more complicated can it get - you are a Home player at one club and an Away player at another club which has a different club using the same course. Is there a lot of in-breeding in North Ayrshire?

my avatar shows sandylands caravan park and my away course

lol well ive two dads 6 sisters 5 brothers and my mum who is my gran and one of my brothers is also my dad, hope that clears things up

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK bigslice, I admit defeat. Having looked at the SGU website, it turns out that there are 4 courses in Ayrshire which have 2 affiliated clubs operating on them. I wonder if they are all at odds with each other.