a game of two halves

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
playing at woodlands manor with my usual bunch of reprobates and after nine holes i found my self 14 over par h/cap is 14.walked off the 18th still 14 over par .I played par golf on the back nine compared to absolute tosh on the front .have you ever had the same

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Many times, game isn’t over till it’s over.

Also goes the other way, just because you go out in 21 points doesn’t mean you come home in over 18 automatically.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Many times. Can have sublime front nines and play like a drain coming home or play like a novice and then hit the back nine and suddenly look like a proper, competent golfer. I just need to match two good nines together more often

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Better to “buffer” one 9 and go under on another, expecting two blinding 9s is just setting yourself up for failure.

Didn't say I was expecting to blinding nines but would like to play a decent nine and then have a second one that was consistent, not one that falls apart completely. As you say though two even halves and a buffer would do me

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
A game of two halves! not quite for me! 14 holes superb! 4 holes poor! haha
Last two games identical! - shot 81 - 1 bird, 9 pars, 4 bogeys and 4 doubles! that's not good off 7!

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
Errrrrr yeah. Saturday stableford, 20 points at the turn without hitting it well, just getting up and down most holes. 8 points coming home with pure rubbish.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
many times - too many to call to mind. Happens the other way round too!! Oh to be consistent............. (on the good side that is :))

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
24 and 7 was my biggest differential. These days I'm more consistent and its more likely to be 13/20, 15/19 etc for bad/good halves