A Franken-driver...?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My driver stayed in the 'naughty slot' on Saturday (first game for two weeks) and I missed the extra yardage I usually get from it, average around 30 yards difference these days.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Medal Winner
Visit site
Dont bother.
If your driver or 3 wood doesnt work this wont give you the magical answer.

Ive tried every variation. And if my swing is off with one its off for all

I'm not looking for a magical answer. Just for a few extra yards from my (relatively) reliable three wood swing. A 10deg loft 3-wood might be just the ticket...

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My friend has made one of these Franken drivers. He may be willing to sell it if you are interested.

Its a Callaway Ft iq 11 degree head on a shaft that's been chopped a few inches. He knows more about swing weight than I could ever be bothered with. He has a lighter grip on it and lead tape attached to the head.

I hit a few into his net with it. Felt quite nice and easy to control.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Ping Rapture 13* w-wood (different to the standard Rapture line) knocks the TM SLDR and Callaway BB Mini Driver into a cocked hat. Demonstrably easier to hit off the fairway as well.

Can get good examples on ebay for £160-180 which is a bargain when you consider they cost close to £400 when originally released.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Get a normal sized driver with a higher loft and a slightly shorter shaft.......12,13 or even 14 degree's. I've never had one lower than 11 degree's and since i switched I've always been pretty straight.