A few rounds from quitting

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
Biggest improvement area for me was to find reliable methods for putting, chipping and pitching inside 100 yards. For me this was the Dave Pelz method for chipping and Stan Utley methods for putting and pitching.....the Stan Utley books in particular are great and highly recommended. Long game can still be all over the place, but a reliable short game can certainly help you score.

5OTT

Visit site
Just not feeling it at all lately, I haven't played for a few weeks due to the weather but have been going to the range once a week. My striking has completely gone and have started shanking all of my irons.

Decided to have a break and not to hit a ball until April

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just not feeling it at all lately, I haven't played for a few weeks due to the weather but have been going to the range once a week. My striking has completely gone and have started shanking all of my irons.

Decided to have a break and not to hit a ball until April
Simple and repetitive answer but why not have a lesson. Shanks can have a number of reasons as to why they happen but eradicate those, tidy up the fundamentals and I am sure your mojo will return

5OTT

Visit site
Simple and repetitive answer but why not have a lesson. Shanks can have a number of reasons as to why they happen but eradicate those, tidy up the fundamentals and I am sure your mojo will return

I have been trying to get some lessons for a while with the Pro at our club, he is only doing them between 9:00am and 4:00pm and so with work I just can't get there.
He seems to have little interest in giving lessons at weekend either.

The worse I am hitting the ball the less confident I am about having a lesson, at the minute I am playing of 14 but literally cant get an iron off the floor.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have been trying to get some lessons for a while with the Pro at our club, he is only doing them between 9:00am and 4:00pm and so with work I just can't get there.
He seems to have little interest in giving lessons at weekend either.

The worse I am hitting the ball the less confident I am about having a lesson, at the minute I am playing of 14 but literally cant get an iron off the floor.

That's poor customer service from the pro. Is there a local range or another club you could speak where you can approach the pro there. I wouldn't be showing your home pro any customer loyalty if he's not prepared to put himself out. Ask some of your golfing mates as I only went to the guy I use now through word of mouth and very happy with that decision