A few pictures from Ballyliffin.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
d4b2de69.jpg

Palindromicbob having a go.

0192a615.jpg

Smange showing his superior shortgame ;)

af3e2af3.jpg

Smange teeing off from the 7th on Glashedy

[video=youtube;x7f4P_PGl6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7f4P_PGl6M&feature=g-upl[/video]

That is a clip from last year of the 7th .

I would imagine that Brendy will throw up a few pictures if he managed to get any :rolleyes: ;)

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So thats why I played so poor.....you put one of those joke floppy clubs in my bag

Whats that all about?????????

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Right, Im back in the land of the living again today, must have been something I drank on saturday night! On Friday I played in my home course weekend comp shooting a 78 with a couple minor mistakes but overall happy enough.Into the car and onto City of Derry for a game with Smange (home course), Chris661 and Stevie Gordon, one of our pros in Bangor GC. The weather was frankly scalding, certainly the hottest day of golf I have ever played in and with no wind whatsoever, gloves were changed regularly. We played Scotland vs N. Ireland and after 18 matchplay holes ended in a halved match. Plenty of ribbing going on and I am pleased to say that the hints that I was oing to find the hosel on pretty much every hole, stood up and every ball went forwards, no boomerangs ;)No photos of C.o.D. gc but it was in pretty good condition and the recent weather hadnt taken any toll on the greens as they were lush and true.Into the cars again we went and headed for Ballyliffin.Saturday morning was an easy start as we only had a couple of pints the night before and having picked up supplies at the local shop, headed to the course for a little practice.This is the view from the hotel room at 9am Saturday morning.
20120526_100747.jpg
Practice chipping and putting area was as good as the course itself. We played the Old Links Course Saturday. Chris having a little chipping practice.
20120526_114447-1.jpg
Steve (smange) ripping one down the first..
20120526_120930.jpg
Bob (palindromicbob, or is that Yoda...err no, Caddy shack...Im lost now) tees off also.
20120526_121005.jpg
Chris (Chris661..or is that SudocreamKid) surveys his shot early on in Saturdays round.
20120526_123301.jpg

Matchplay was the theme again with Chris and myself vs Smange and Bob. A friendly half was made again including one par three halved in 2's, 175 yard 9 irons in to a foot and a half from both Smage and myself, there really was some fantastic golf on display including bobs putting from well off the greens on some holes..
Some shots of the course and surroundings
20120526_154019.jpg
20120526_142559.jpg
Onto Sunday, Having had a few drinks the previous night in several different towns, I was under the weather a little so photos were also limited!! The weather was exactly the same as Saturday, cloudless skies with a blustery wind hitting 20-25mph perhaps.

Andrew launching into a drive up the 12th par 5 on the Glashedy.
20120527_151844.jpg

20120527_121834.jpg

Sean driving off, hold that pose fella!
20120527_121803.jpg
20120527_121211.jpg
20120527_121143.jpg

20120526_144410.jpg

20120526_154008.jpg

All in all, a great time was had and the eventual winner was Chris661 who won the Glass Driver Trophy and Putter (putter from GM, much appreciated Jezz).
Second place went to Smange, third was Bob both receiving Rory Prints thanks to Sean.

Last edited:

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not that I was the only one to suffer from the dreaded sweaty arse syndrome. How many tubs did the whole TOWN have left when we were finished :whistle:

Some nice shots there Brendy.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I look like im getting ready to knock that one a bout a foot off the tee Brendy:eek:

Wheres all the good action shots you took, showing me, Chris and Sideshow creaming drives;)

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Chris I think it was precisely none matey!
I forgot to mention that each group I played with was great company, even if it did take me 8 or 9 holes to become human again on Sunday morning. Sean and Andrew were great craic and decent golfers too.

Steve, give me a while and ill see if I can photoshop...err I mean dig them out!

Last edited:

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I still cant believe Bob (aka sideshow, yoda or caddyshack) was haggling with the barman over the cost of a round when we were in the pub in the land that time forgot :eek:.

"Ah, go on, sure youll take 8 euros for it wont you" for a round that cost over 13 euros

Or indeed what Bob called out as he boomed a 3 wood from the 16th tee :confused::eek:

Last edited:

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I still cant believe Bob (aka sideshow, yoda or caddyshack) was haggling with the barman over the cost of a round when we were in the pub in the land that time forgot :eek:.

"Ah, go on, sure youll take 8 euros for it wont you" for a round that cost over 13 euros

Or indeed what Bob called out as he boomed a 3 wood from the 16th tee :confused::eek:

Come again? :D

I really cant remember an awful lot of the hours between 12-00 and 10-00 sunday..... I did find a couple of photos with random people on my phone, no idea who they were. I remember that we were chatting to a few people outside afterwards while waiting on a taxi though.

The pub that time forgot, was that the first or second one in Clonaaaamany?