RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Congrats bob.....

Maybe as you are settled in you might like to turn your thoughts to good exercises for that plane!!

Nice job. Can I re-post about club lies (remember?) is it safe!!

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Congrats bob.....

Maybe as you are settled in you might like to turn your thoughts to good exercises for that plane!!

Go for it :)

T.I.A....

OK, here's my effort. Please call me either stupid or dyslexic (which I am) or whatever, but if a player sets up to a club as normal (what feels normal) and the toe is off the ground (like, a lot!!) is the club too upright?

I get very confudsed. I tried a set of Mizuno irons today (2nd hand MX 900s) and the toe was off the ground. The rather patronising sales chap (who was actually extremely nice, otherwise) said the clubs were "almost certainly" factory lie. I explained I had a set of C/F Mizuno's years ago and they were C/F 1/2 inch longer and 2 degrees up. So, in my opinion, these were "seemingly" even more upright than my T-zoids from 1999. Then I got confused and panicked.....

I guess my question is "if the toe is off the ground, do you need to knock it up (upright) or down (flat) to get it to sit square? I simply can't get my head round it.

Incidentaly, they weren't as good (for me) as my MacGregors, nor were some X-14 pro's I tried......I'm giving up I reckon.....

I might go back tomorrow, but the whole lie thing freaks me out!!!

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Congrats bob.....

Go for it :)

T.I.A....

OK, here's my effort. Please call me either stupid or dyslexic (which I am) or whatever, but if a player sets up to a club as normal (what feels normal) and the toe is off the ground (like, a lot!!) is the club too upright?

I get very confudsed. I tried a set of Mizuno irons today (2nd hand MX 900s) and the toe was off the ground. The rather patronising sales chap (who was actually extremely nice, otherwise) said the clubs were "almost certainly" factory lie. I explained I had a set of C/F Mizuno's years ago and they were C/F 1/2 inch longer and 2 degrees up. So, in my opinion, these were "seemingly" even more upright than my T-zoids from 1999. Then I got confused and panicked.....

I guess my question is "if the toe is off the ground, do you need to knock it up (upright) or down (flat) to get it to sit square? I simply can't get my head round it.

Incidentaly, they weren't as good (for me) as my MacGregors, nor were some X-14 pro's I tried......I'm giving up I reckon.....

I might go back tomorrow, but the whole lie thing freaks me out!!!
Dave , i posted this exact question 4 or 5 weeks ago in the ask the experts section . I'll see if i can trace the thread . Ah yes , here it is mate. Hope this helps .

Club toe in air question thread