7 iron shaft length

hudekwill

Visit site
Hi all, first post here. I’m new to golf and just bought a 7 iron off Amazon that has good reviews. It has a 37” shaft and I’m 6’1. Feels a little short to me but what do I know. Anyone have any advice as to whether that’s a proper length for my height? Thanks

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My irons are standard spec and the 7 iron is also 37". So I'd imagine that's standard or close to it on yours too. I'm 6'0 but I was fitted for mine and standard spec was fine. If you stand a little taller than I do in your posture then you may find standard is too short for you.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I'm 5ft 11ins.

My 30.5° iron is 37.25 inches and 2° upright. Fitted by my club pro and me.

(My 34° iron is 36.75 inches and 2° upright)

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I don’t think that has helped the OP much!!!
My apologies.

Dear hudekwill,

Buying a single iron from Amazon is pot luck as to whether it will be suitable length and lie-angle for you.
An experienced golfer who knows already that they are standard length and lie will be fairly confident that such a club is standard unless otherwise stated.
You say that you are new to golf. You need to seek personal advice face-to-face from an experienced person who can assess what length and lie-angle of irons is most suitable for you.
I can not tell from merely your height of 6ft 1in what is suitable for you.
We are all different with regard to arm length, posture, swing-plane, etc. Impact position can be quite different from address position for some of us.
I gave you my personal "fitting" for irons, which many people might assume are for a much taller person than me. I intended this to show you and others the importance of receiving good advice from an experienced person.
Advice given here can only be very limited as to its fruitful use to you.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all, first post here. I’m new to golf and just bought a 7 iron off Amazon that has good reviews. It has a 37” shaft and I’m 6’1. Feels a little short to me but what do I know. Anyone have any advice as to whether that’s a proper length for my height? Thanks

Club length is measured from the sole of the club to the top of the butt not just the shaft length.
Different manufacturers have differnt lengths.

What is just as important at your height is the lie of the club, the angle the club sits at when taking your stance. If you bought a forge head club and some cast heads can have this altered to suit.

The shaft if too short can have the grip removed and an extender fitted in the butt.

You can do a static fit on the web on manufacturers sites such as Ping to get an idea