5-wood recommendations?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
As much as I like to kid myself that I can hit a 3-wood, and flight it and everything else, I can't. I de-loft everything and 15˚ isn't enough, either off the tee or fairway. Can anyone recommend a 5w that does all these things. Has always been my favourite club but have gone rogue with the 3w the past couple of years.

Not too bothered about 'explosive' additional length, just something that will shunt it along 210 yards and don't want a strong hybrid. Play off 6/7. Thanks

JohnF

Club Champion
Visit site
I got the epic flash 5 wood this year, spent a few years fighting with Hybrids. As for my 3 wood that’s just a different option off the tee

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As much as I like to kid myself that I can hit a 3-wood, and flight it and everything else, I can't. I de-loft everything and 15˚ isn't enough, either off the tee or fairway. Can anyone recommend a 5w that does all these things. Has always been my favourite club but have gone rogue with the 3w the past couple of years.

Not too bothered about 'explosive' additional length, just something that will shunt it along 210 yards and don't want a strong hybrid. Play off 6/7. Thanks

on any golf forum you should be hitting a 7 or 8 iron 210 yards!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I bought a Taylor made 5 wood, RBZ stage 2 approx 3 years ago, the best club (outside of my lob wedge) that Ive ever put in my bag.

It goes approx 195-215 for me, not too high, not too low, but can stop quite well.

golfbidder may have them cheap, as its about 7-8 years old, I think.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

Am the opposite (add loft) so not really helping, but wonder if a more shallow face wood may suit you.

Also as you have editor in your title, I can resist pointing out that this isn't a question ???
"5-wood recommendations?"

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I bought a Taylor made 5 wood, RBZ stage 2 approx 3 years ago, the best club (outside of my lob wedge) that Ive ever put in my bag.

It goes approx 195-215 for me, not too high, not too low, but can stop quite well.

golfbidder may have them cheap, as its about 7-8 years old, I think.

I've been looking at these as remember using one in a hire set and loved it

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Am the opposite (add loft) so not really helping, but wonder if a more shallow face wood may suit you.

Also as you have editor in your title, I can resist pointing out that this isn't a question ???
"5-wood recommendations?"

A genuine question and one that I've been boring people with since a mate lost my TaylorMade V Steel about 12 years ago

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site

I have a Ping G410 5 wood which is ideal as it's easy to hit and adjustable so you can set the loft exactly how you want to get the flight of shot you're after.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
My son has the Cobra F9 3 and 5 woods, they are awesome, really long and super easy to hit, wish I had bought them for myself instead of him, can't afford them for me as well currently :)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It would help to know what loft you're after.
If 17 degrees is enough then the Ping Tisi Tec 5 wood is brilliant....if you can find one.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've been looking at these as remember using one in a hire set and loved it

I have a 3 wood at 13 degree, and cant remember the 5 wood angle (19 degree???)

Both cover 195-240 for me, and easy to grip down on to take a bit off, if required.

I can even draw the 5 wood at times, which is a miracle. It really is the best long club Ive ever bought over 30 years of playing.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I could never hit a fairway wood in my life until I tried the Cobra F9 five wood. Now I love it, have bought the seven wood as well. The F9 is adjustable in loft, and has a draw setting on the adjustment as well, which I use on mine. The rails on the bottom really do help if you hit it a little fat.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I could never hit a fairway wood in my life until I tried the Cobra F9 five wood. Now I love it, have bought the seven wood as well. The F9 is adjustable in loft, and has a draw setting on the adjustment as well, which I use on mine. The rails on the bottom really do help if you hit it a little fat.

Everyone I’ve played with who uses these loves them. I had an S2 or 3? years ago which was amazing and went like a bullet (for me)

D

Deleted member 21258

By far the easiest I have hit an M2 HL 5 wood.

Had Hippos, Adams 1 & 2, Wilson, some rubbish wooden ping 5 wood that I cant hit for a Brussel sprout ;).