5 vs 14 Way Bag Divider

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just wanted to see what people’s preference is to bag dividers

Currently play a Nike 14 way divider bag but currently looking for a new one.

Can get pretty much the same bag, 5 way divider for £95 or 14 way for £150

As I am already use to the 14 way divider I am a bit reluctant to change but for the saving of £55 I am thinking it may be worth it

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wouldnt if it was me . I did it a good few years back regretted it and changed bag pretty quick .. not sure how better 14 is for clatter or shaft wear but id personally stick with 14..

Bag is but like goid waterproofs its an investment for a few years .. £55 over 3-5 years is well worth it IMO

Robin Hood

Visit site
No contest - 14 every time, for the same reasons as Lord T.

I have a 5 way Mizuno carry bag that's never used on the course. It just houses out of favour clubs.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just gone to the Motocaddy Aquaflex which is 5 instead of 14 on my old dry series and no issues so far , plenty of room to get a club out and all sit nicely together when on the trolley. have yet to try it carrying yet

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
14 way dividers are stupid
Why? It reduces clatter, means you can get your clubs easily in and out of your bag, makes it easier to find the club you want to use. If you have all of the slots filled and have 2 clubs in 1 slot then it also tells you that you have too many clubs in your bag! They are incredibly sensible.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why? It reduces clatter, means you can get your clubs easily in and out of your bag, makes it easier to find the club you want to use. If you have all of the slots filled and have 2 clubs in 1 slot then it also tells you that you have too many clubs in your bag! They are incredibly sensible.
It’s not easier to find the club at all. Finding the spot in the bag is hard work after

They look bloody awful

Disagree that they reduce bag chatter too.

The clubs have more distance from each other meaning they have more room for movement.

There’s a reason tour bags don’t have them.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
To be honest when I am buying a cart bag, the number of dividers is a consideration some way down the list. I am looking at things like the number of pockets, how easy it is to get stuff in and out of them, how well the rain hood fits and how quickly I can get it on in a downpour. A pet hat is an external putter well but even then my Motocaddy bag I used yesterday which has one, has 15 dividers internally so the putter could live inside the hood during the rain

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
That must be a bag with dividers at the top only, surely? If they are full length dividers then it is not possible for them to tangle.
No, these are bags with so-called "full length dividers". Problem is those dividers are just bits of material that don't quite reach the bottom and are flexible enough that the ends of the grips still interfere. The Adams bag I had was like it, and so is my current Motocaddy Dry Series one.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Depends. Are we talking trolley bag or carry bag? For trolley bags I kind of like the 14 way dividers. It is kind of neat when every club has a clearly defined space it goes into. For a carry bag, I find them too big, usually. But then, when I carry, I normally don't take 14 clubs anyway, more like 10 or so. I have a six way divider in my carry bag and that suits me fine.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No, these are bags with so-called "full length dividers". Problem is those dividers are just bits of material that don't quite reach the bottom and are flexible enough that the ends of the grips still interfere. The Adams bag I had was like it, and so is my current Motocaddy Dry Series one.
Fair enough. I have a Motocaddy cart bag with 14 way divider and I do not experience this. However if you do then that must be annoying and it defeats the purpose.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
14 every time. I do have a 5-way carry bag that I use in winter when carrying a part set, but for everything else - 14.