40th Birthday golf weekend Spain/Portugal next year

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fellow GM'ers

I turn 40 next February and have the green light from the missus to have a weekend golf somewhere perhaps Spain or Portugal.

Being a novice at boys on tour type outings I am looking for some help/suggestions for an end of Feb weekend trip to either Spain or Portugal. Also of course I would like to open it up so whoever wants to come along are more than welcome - the more the merrier.

Alternatively if someone else already has something planned and wouldnt mind a few extra bodies joining that would work too!!

I cant think of a better way to break 40.

Cheers.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Seriously, with the way the Euro is looking I'd be tempted to forget Portugal & Spain and head off somewhere else myself. Turkey is supposed to be great value and the courses (apparantly) are better than those on the Algarve.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Our guys went to Turkey last year, and Portugal this year. Portugal won hands down. Lots more life in Portugal when you aren't golfing, and much better food. Only slightly more expensive.
All inclusive deals tie you to the hotel, which is cheap, but boring.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm thinking fly out on the Friday back on the Sunday and golf on the 3 days. Dont know for sure but maybe Turkey a bit far for a weekend and perhaps flights more expensive?

Lots of people recommending Portugal and Spain but I dont care really as long as its warm and fairly reasonable.

I wasnt a forum member last Feb, was there a trip like this? or does anyone have similar plans for Feb/Mar next year?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for that, any particular courses/hotels in Majorca?

Planning 2 nights stay with 3 rounds of golf, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. With a bit of nightlife of course.

I know its some time away but would anyone be up for a golf outing Feb or Mar next year?

D

Deleted Member 1156

There are 12 of us heading to Edinburgh area in March for a 50th. We are playing Muirfield, North Berwick and Gullane #1. Staying B&B, price works out at approx £480 per head which includes golf, hotel, petrol, lunches. Only extras are dinner and beer.

Obviously the weather can't be guaranteed but golf and craic should be fantastic. You might like to consider something along the same lines.