3 wood for fairway and tee

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm looking to add a 3 wood to my bag as I currently only have driver and 5 wood.

I like the 5 wood of the deck more than I do the tee. I'd like a 3 wood that is easy to hit of the deck and to be used on the tee occasionally. I have owned a RBZ1 3 wood with stiff shaft but couldnt hit that off the deck.

Any suggestions welcome cheers.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A lot of modern 3 woods have a very shallow face - great off the deck, not so good off the tee....

Unless....

You simply don't tee it up too much!

Most modern woods don't need much teeing up - 1\4 - 1\2 and inch is more than enough.

D

Deleted member 15344

I had the saem issue so went to a 3HL Wood - I currently have the RBZ Stage 2 but currrent Aero Burner i have tried is jsut as solid of the tee and deck. That extra little loft helps

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
TM Burner 2007 3W with the stock Fujikura S shaft.

Old now but you can still find them and at a good price. I have the 5W too and they are both easy to hit from the deck and even the rough if the lie isn't too bad.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Certainly happy with my Adams HTX 3W which displaced a 10yo 3W I hit particularly well - Sonartec NP99.

I thought the shallow face (it's pretty medium actually) might be an issue, but definitely not!

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I reckon THIS would look great in your bag :smirk:

Thanks for the all the ideas. Fish it would look like the ugly sister amongst it's left handed siblings ;)

That's my issue really, not being easily able to try stuff out before buying online :(

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Surely it's one or the other. Deep face tee or shallow for fairway.

I've plumped for the deep face fd titleist 3 wood and couldn't be happier. It's mostly for off the tee so that's why I went for that option.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
TM Burner 2007 3W with the stock Fujikura S shaft.

Old now but you can still find them and at a good price. I have the 5W too and they are both easy to hit from the deck and even the rough if the lie isn't too bad.

Mashley - I've one of these and would agree.

The 5 is staying in the bag but you are welcome to try the 3 to see if it works for you. The SLDR mini has replaced it.

Let me know.