3 wood/3+ wood

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A close pp recently went off the book with his driver and opted for the similar set up suggested by the op, he had great success with this last year as a temp measure and spent a lot of time over the winter on driver lessons. Subsequently his driving fell apart within 8 weeks of the season starting and he’s back running the cobra tour 3w (strong loft 13* with bigger head) standard cobra 3w cranked down to 16.5* and his fairways hit stats are crazy.both models were the speed zone

From memory he’s 3w+ was about 20 yards longer than he’s normal 3w when set at 14.5* which I believe was more down to the launch of the ball through the bigger head.

You’ve got to love this game, it’s different for everyone. Welcome to the cobra club!

Jason.H

Visit site
An update on my OP. Having looked second hand clubs on eBay/Golfbidder/clubs4cash etc. it was a case of not quite fitting the bill. Either wrong shaft flex, poor condition, over the top pricing. Decided to go for look and demo at a local club. Had a chat with one of the pro shop staff and explained my 3 wood/3+ wood dilemma. Had a fitting there and then on the range and tried the following adjustable 3 woods: Ping G425 Max, Titleist TSI 1, Cobra LS and Cobra LTDx. Started off looking at the trackman data at 15 degrees and then dropped the lofts down to 13.5. The results at 13.5 seemed fairly consistent to my eye, but the trackman data seemed a little more clearcut. The trajectory was lower and the the extra yardage convinced me that a 3+ would work for me. Fortunately, they had one in stock so I got it there and then. Look forward to using it in anger this weekend :)

Would like to say thanks to those that replied to my original post, I feel like I got there in the end. (y)

I can see how this works better for you. Some golfers hit a high ball and some low. I like my high launch 3 wood.

FELL75

Visit site
I can see how this works better for you. Some golfers hit a high ball and some low. I like my high launch 3 wood.
I agree, on long par 3s and fairway approach shots in happy with the 3w 15 degree and higher ball flight. This cobra 3w+ just gives me the option I want off the tee. Fingers crossed.

Jason.H

Visit site
I agree, on long par 3s and fairway approach shots in happy with the 3w 15 degree and higher ball flight. This cobra 3w+ just gives me the option I want off the tee. Fingers crossed.

I don’t like par 3,s which requires a 3 wood ?. My course has 3 par 3,s that are 175/180 off the back tees. My 25 degree hybrid comes in handy depending on the wind.