3 under on the 18th tee

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If for example someone was three under standing on the 18th tee in a Medal round and then proceeded to play the hole 4 over (9 on a par 5) and thereby come in with 37points but level par (nett 72) are they likely to get a chop on the stableford? If CSS goes above level par (73) are they likely to get a chop of more than if CSS was 72?

I assure you this is purely metaphorical and has no reflection on the way that I finished what was going to be my best ever medal round off the whites on Sunday.

Honest Guv.

D

Deleted member 15344

If for example someone was three under standing on the 18th tee in a Medal round and then proceeded to play the hole 4 over (9 on a par 5) and thereby come in with 37points but level par (nett 72) are they likely to get a chop on the stableford? If CSS goes above level par (73) are they likely to get a chop of more than if CSS was 72?

I assure you this is purely metaphorical and has no reflection on the way that I finished what was going to be my best ever medal round off the whites on Sunday.

Honest Guv.

Depends what cat you are in - I would suggest either .4 or .6

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Your handicap is calculated on Stableford, if CSS = SSS and you scored 37 points then you'd be cut by 1 x whatever your handicap adjustment factor is, if CSS went to 73 then in you case above you'd be cut by 2 x whatever your handicap adjustment factor is.

You could have scored 50 on the last hole and you'de still have got the cut.

Good theoretical round bar the 18th!

(Was CSS 73? If it was I've crept into the buffer.)

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Your handicap is calculated on Stableford, if CSS = SSS and you scored 37 points then you'd be cut by 1 x whatever your handicap adjustment factor is, if CSS went to 73 then in you case above you'd be cut by 2 x whatever your handicap adjustment factor is.

You could have scored 50 on the last hole and you'de still have got the cut.

Good theoretical round bar the 18th!

(Was CSS 73? If it was I've crept into the buffer.)

Cheers guys. The leaderboard wasn't working when we entered our theoretical scores so I've no idea what CSS was but I would expect it to have gone up given the scores coming in whilst we were there.

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Results are in. I came 4th on countback. there were two at 1 under and two of us level par. I got a chop of 0.4 as CSS did stay at 72. Gutted to have missed out on the money.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Results are in. I came 4th on countback. there were two at 1 under and two of us level par. I got a chop of 0.4 as CSS did stay at 72. Gutted to have missed out on the money.

Of course you could try standing five under handicap in the middle of the 15th fairway and score 0, 2, 1, 0pts for the last four holes, drop to 8th overall and find CSS went down. Well played for getting a cut and a shame about the cash but keep playing like that and it won't be far away

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site

Seeing .4 as a chop and being gutted you missed out on the money , we see golf through different eyes mate .. IMHO as a golfer you have your priorities the wrong way around but just MHO

Good shooting by the way

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Seeing .4 as a chop and being gutted you missed out on the money , we see golf through different eyes mate .. IMHO as a golfer you have your priorities the wrong way around but just MHO

Good shooting by the way

Chop/cut it's all the same when you've had nothing but 0.1s all season.