3 rounds booked 2 rained off

bradleywedge

Visit site
Incessant rain over last two days. Due to play today, tomorrow and Sunday 3 different courses. Today's course closed, tomorrows course closed today, so tomorrow must be in doubt, Sunday?

It's May ffs, must be the worst country in the world to play golf. Effectively a 5 month season, and anyone who claims they enjoy playing in the rain are obviously members who have to play to get their value.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It has been a weird few months since the last lockdown. April was dry as a bone and the courses were rock hard. Now it's catching up and it must be one of the rainiest Mays on record. I never play my best golf until July and August anyway.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
It has been a weird few months since the last lockdown. April was dry as a bone and the courses were rock hard. Now it's catching up and it must be one of the rainiest Mays on record. I never play my best golf until July and August anyway.

It is apparently.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
It's May ffs, must be the worst country in the world to play golf. Effectively a 5 month season, and anyone who claims they enjoy playing in the rain are obviously members who have to play to get their value.

I'm sure people who live in Canada or the northern States of the US would disagree.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I guess you just have to be lucky! We don't have climate here, we have weather! :ROFLMAO: Golf in November can sometimes be better than (this) May!!!

Played Tuesday at Newport. Decent evening, no rain. Quite warm too.
Played Wednesday at Camberley Heath, shirt-sleeves, some folk in shorts. 17 degrees. Mind you, it got really black overhead on 6th and 7th... but everything blew round us. Rang home after and there had been hail!

Next game Saturday at Newport. We'll see... but calm down Bradley-Lad, I am sure things will pick up :ROFLMAO:

Swango1980

Visit site
Worst country in the world to play golf? I heard the Falkland Islands is pretty rubbish, and Greenland can't be too great. What is golf like in the Sahara region of Africa? My mate plays golf in Singapore. Nice courses, but ridiculously humid. Does the Gaza Strip even have a golf course?

I feel your pain about golf being cancelled, but in the grand scheme of things, your emotions are making you overly dramatic. The fact that we have to put up with some bad days, when golf may even need cancelled, just means we enjoy the game even more when we get nice weather. I reckon I'd stop appreciating the good weather if it was always nice weather.

We've a 3 day golf trip booked Monday-Wednesday, so fingers crossed weather is OK. If not, I may become overly dramatic about the weather as well :)

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've just seen weather warning for wind tomorrow. Booked in for a morning tee off that may be cancelled. I think I'd rather have the humidity than this rubbish 'weather' all day long.

Swango1980

Visit site
I've just seen weather warning for wind tomorrow. Booked in for a morning tee off that may be cancelled. I think I'd rather have the humidity than this rubbish 'weather' all day long.
Cancelled because of wind? Never heard of that. I don't mind playing one or 2 rounds a year in 40mph+ winds. I'm an awful wind player, but it is quite funny, so long as I accept I will not be shooting a great round.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
not sure about further north, but i certainly get a full 12 months of season in! :) rain or shine... but not covid, thats meant i paid for a year with only 3 rounds in it.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk

We've been shut for one week in the last year (well it will be a full year a week tomorrow) - and that was because of (very unusual for here) snow.

In that year I've been rained on once for more than a hole or two (in the comp two days ago) and I've played probably more than 100 rounds or part rounds.

Currently bucketing down in biblical fashion here and has been since early evening yesterday - but might go out for a few holes tonight if it clears up - we might have some puddles but it will be firm.

Grizzly

Visit site

I just never play my best golf!

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Cancelled because of wind? Never heard of that. I don't mind playing one or 2 rounds a year in 40mph+ winds. I'm an awful wind player, but it is quite funny, so long as I accept I will not be shooting a great round.

The course won't be cancelled, I'll cancel it - atm rain is enough to deal with add 70mph winds and I'm out. However, it may just be for today if the Met Office is correct.