3 putting

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29109

If I ever find an answer to this problem I would copyright the solution and make a mall fortune.

Personal best for number of putts in a round 22, yesterday 37 - 11 makeable putts missed.

Same putter.

What do you consider a makeable putt?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Guaranteed to reduce your number of putts…

For longer shots on the green grab your lob wedge! Preferably a tiny amount of bounce, ball back hands forward and really nip that ball into the surface. Don’t forget to tap the chunks back into the green with your spikes.

HTH

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What do you consider a makeable putt?

I am generally a good putter to very good putter so it depends on the actual putt. I managed to miss about 8 putts yesterday which were under 6ft including a couple that would have been given in a friendly game.

Mind you yesterday every one of the four of us playing together was doing something similar due to the condition of the greens.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Guaranteed to reduce your number of putts…

For longer shots on the green grab your lob wedge! Preferably a tiny amount of bounce, ball back hands forward and really nip that ball into the surface. Don’t forget to tap the chunks back into the green with your spikes.

HTH

Is that still classed as a putt in official stats though because you were on the green?

In the same way that putting from off the green is a chip using your putter?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I mean…… officially…….. maybe……..?.?.?.?.

but hey, a little bit of bifurcation never did nobody no harm. Pros get free drops from crap lies, I think we can massage our stats a little bit. Plus - bonus….. if you 2 putt 1 chip 1 putt, it has to count as an up and down, plus only 1 putt, and obviously it’s GIR.

Hell I could be top 50 on PGA tour stats soon! ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I mean…… officially…….. maybe……..?.?.?.?.

but hey, a little bit of bifurcation never did nobody no harm. Pros get free drops from crap lies, I think we can massage our stats a little bit. Plus - bonus….. if you 2 putt 1 chip 1 putt, it has to count as an up and down, plus only 1 putt, and obviously it’s GIR.

Hell I could be top 50 on PGA tour stats soon! ?
What? I bet you can't show any that club players wouldn't be entitled to as well!
And check Trevor Immelman's one he had when he won The Masters! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/60981860

Jason.H

Visit site
29 puts today. A bit more attention to detail on those 5/6 footers. Reading the breaks and pace seems to be improving. Watched some putting tips online about getting the ball to drop in on the high side and today I had a few drop in just as I visualised

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
29 puts today. A bit more attention to detail on those 5/6 footers. Reading the breaks and pace seems to be improving. Watched some putting tips online about getting the ball to drop in on the high side and today I had a few drop in just as I visualised

Our greens are still on the way back - slowly - from coring and tining so it is the 3-5 footer which have some degree of movement that are the issue. Seem to be taking less break and then suddenly one will track as though it was a normal green

Jason.H

Visit site
Our greens are still on the way back - slowly - from coring and tining so it is the 3-5 footer which have some degree of movement that are the issue. Seem to be taking less break and then suddenly one will track as though it was a normal green

Our greens have come on really well this last 2 weeks. Really looking forward to this year.