3 or 4 wheel push trolley?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
How can you steer them? Do you literally have to keep 'bumping' the front wheels to keep them online?

Wanted something more stable than a 2 wheel pull trolley, not sure if it'll kill my wrists keep 'adjusting' the direction on a push trolley :mad:

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
How can you steer them? Do you literally have to keep 'bumping' the front wheels to keep them online?

Wanted something more stable than a 2 wheel pull trolley, not sure if it'll kill my wrists keep 'adjusting' the direction on a push trolley :mad:

I had a 3 wheel clik gear, very easy to manouvre, just rock it back slightly, simple

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It's easy, recently bought one and although the front wheel is fixed you can easily change direction - or lift the front wheel slightly if turning sharper.

Anyway, you'd probably do your back in heaving it out of the car :rofl:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
3 wheel powercaddy trolly for me. my best purchase of last year by far. cant believe i lugged a two wheeler around for so long. same advice i give anyone that asks.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I don't have the £400-600 to splash out just for a lekky trolley, £100 is about my limit and even that feels like a waste if it's better to just pull.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use a Twinline 3 and it's very easy to steer, hardly feel any pressure on wrists when turning. Just a very slight tilt and turn.
Much easier than pulling a two wheeler.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't have the £400-600 to splash out just for a lekky trolley, £100 is about my limit and even that feels like a waste if it's better to just pull.

Check out the For Sale - fella selling a Twinline 3, it's what I have as well...highly recommended!

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Out of all the methods of getting my bag around a golf course, a pull trolley would be my last choice. I know I'm a wimp, but the last time I used one my calves were burning after about 5 holes. I'd rather carry than pull, and that's saying something for me!

D

Deleted member 1418

Get a Clicgear like me! If you also get the silver one we can look like we really are 'special friends'......!!!!

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have two trolleys. They're both 3 wheel. Doesn't seem to take much effort to nudge it online if you want to keep it on direction. If you are planning donuts and stuff, just lift the front wheel.....which is about 1,000 times easier on the push trolley as opposed to the 'leccy one.

Donuts? Hmmmmm - where's Homer? :)

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got a 4 wheel push trolley - it folds down extremely small which was a key criteria
It's brilliant
There is NO pressure or twist on my back when pushing compared to pulling which used to be just continuous agony.
One advantage of 4 wheel over 3 wheel is that i can just let it go down hill and it stays in a straight line (ish) and i can walk down after it. If you do that with (some) 3 wheelers, the front wheel will occasionally get caught/diverted and then it rapidly twists and flips over (as i have seen done a couple of times).

Absolutley love it - dont have to remember to charge up a battery.
Brilliant on flat courses, and not bad on reasonably hilly courses. It's a but of a pain on a very hilly course (like mine :( )