3 Counties Tour

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
What a great week I've had. Met Haplesshacker and Harry Monk on Tuesday at Hapless' track in Hampshire. Great company (my first internet date ever!) and I shot a best ever 76 gross to equal my 77 (also 6 over) a few weeks ago.

On Wednesday I went to Orchardleigh in Somerset and shot 1 under my handicap. Really great looking course which I will try to go back to in the summer. Huge oak trees, lots of sand and I bet the slopes on the greens are treachourous in June.

Back to Dorset to my track today where I played 27 holes 1 under my handicap.

Played all week with just two layers on, made 5 birdies, lost one ball and met two great forummers.

Life ain't bad! Can I keep it up for the comp tomorrow though!

HarryMonk

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good scores all week Canford, did you continue to sink the long putts, or is the putter still up for renewal?

Hope the good scores continue in the comp tomorrow and Good Luck with the new job next week.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
On Wednesday I went to Orchardleigh in Somerset and shot 1 under my handicap. Really great looking course which I will try to go back to in the summer. Huge oak trees, lots of sand and I bet the slopes on the greens are treachourous in June.

I know this course well and always enjoyed my time there , you're right about the great big oaks too...huge buggers that you have to work your ball around a lot.
Golf is so much easier when you play in your short sleeves and are'nt wrapped up in 5 layers.
Well played this week , keep it up