3 cards to hand in

asru1927

Hacker
Visit site
Hello - i have just joined a local club and going to submit my 3 cards for an official hcp. My question is do I submit the 3 cards where I an the marker?

asru1927

Hacker
Visit site
Ok cool so do i submit 3 cards where i played someone else marked me? I played with the same person all 3 times. I am just unsure which ones i should submit

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Is the other player a member ? If not, you may need to get a member to play with you or at least mark for you.

As for which ones to submit, that's another debate.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is not submitting cards for initial handicap done on same basis as supplementals? ie, you say before starting play that you will be submitting the card - then do so afterwards. (As opposed to amassing several marked cards then picking & choosing which ones you fancy putting in?)

asru1927

Hacker
Visit site
Sorry my question was badly worded. We are both members and have played 3 rounds together. for my handicap do I hand the cards where I marked the scores and we both signed? Or do I hand the cards where he marked the scores and we both signed? Or does it not matter?

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
To rule out doubt of any kind you hand in the 3 where he marked. By all means hand in the other 3 as an addition. They may take a look at them if they vary widely from the others

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
check with the secretary, usually it's along the lines of a card marked by a member of good standing. But each club can be a bit different so best to check

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry my question was badly worded. We are both members and have played 3 rounds together. for my handicap do I hand the cards where I marked the scores and we both signed? Or do I hand the cards where he marked the scores and we both signed? Or does it not matter?

You hand the cards in that somebody else has marked you for.
You don’t mark your own card.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is not submitting cards for initial handicap done on same basis as supplementals? ie, you say before starting play that you will be submitting the card - then do so afterwards. (As opposed to amassing several marked cards then picking & choosing which ones you fancy putting in?)
There is no requirement to predeclare initial allocation cards.
They must be marked by someone other than yourself who is acceptable to the committee.