2nd attempt at lessons – reinvigorated!

nowtfancy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had been getting a bit disheartened at my scores refusal to come down – still enjoying the game but wanting lower numbers!

Yesterday was the first time I had seen my ‘swing’.
LOL
No wonder my scores have been static around the 100 mark for 6 months.
Legs all over the place & alignment way off.

I know good advice is see a pro for lessons, and that’s what I’ve done (2nd experience – much better than first in terms of time value & quality than first), but if I had seen what I was doing I would have had something to work from ages ago!

Feet shoulder width apart – I had obviously got that confused with feet underneath shoulders.

Anyway – outcomes from lesson 1 in an initial series of 6:
1. Wider, more stable stance,
2. Club shaft much nearer vertical & sole of club not so flat to floor – a small gap at toe,
3. Reduced back swing, avoid collapsing left arm.

Watch me go now.

So my advice to anyone resisting lessons for whatever reason – get a video of what you’re doing – if you’re owt like me it’ll not look like it does in your head!

ps was caught practicing my set up in the toilets at work this morning !

pps just wanna say thanks to tiger & his project scratch - some good stuff in there mate - I'm following closely.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have a video lesson once a month and there's no better way to learn than actually seeing you swing and the results of changes.

It's getting to the point now my pro doesn't need to tell me what's wrong, just how to put it right.

Not been caught practicing in the toilets at work though - yet :D

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Hey NF glad you are enjoying the blog and that you've taken the plunge and booked a series of lessons. Persevere with it though. My scores haven't plummeted yet but I know I am a better player now and am so close to a major scoring breakthrough. I look forward to hearing some positive stories from you soon.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've been banging the lesson drum for ages. For the majority, the only way they will improve is under regular professional tuition and then putting the effort in to make the suggested changes. If you go along for a lesson, don't work at it or revert to what you know then all you will get at best is a band-aid for the current faults. If you take the time to discuss what you want to achive in the short, medium and long term then a good pro can work on what needs fixing immediately and then build a game around your swing. Most will do a block booking discount. I have given up looking for a textbook swing now but my pro and I know what does and doesn't work in my swing now and so if my game is off we can make the fixes. Then its all about learning to score with some short game and putting lessons