2k21 on PS4

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I pretty much always get down to the last 5 or 6 too. I've only won 1 DD, and I did that by holing my second shot when in the final. ?
Yeah I think that's what it takes! After my post last night I did a couple more, on one of them I got down to the final two again. I hit my second shot on the green, and he'd gone over the back, but I had a fairly long right to left putt while he chipped onto the green. My putt missed by literally a centimetre, and one second later he tapped in his par putt. Gutted.

I find you can easily get to the last 7 or so just by taking a second to think about your shot. Plenty seem to just hit the shot the game suggests to them to try and save time, but it doesn't always give you the right club, so they'll be miles short or off the back, or in the sand etc with a difficult shot next. I take about two seconds longer, make sure I'm on the fairway or green, and then you can birdie the hole and get through comfortably.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone else got the new one? I have PGA 2k23, only on PS4 though still. Found it much harder than 2k21 to begin with. Swing speed is way more sensitive and I keep getting hooks from going "fast" when it didn't feel any faster than the other swings. Chipping has become a joke as well on some of the faster greens, but then, the previous game was probably too easy in that area. I'm finding it a grind trying to win money to upgrade the clubs as well, taking forever to earn enough to upgrade my whole set of irons.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone else got the new one? I have PGA 2k23, only on PS4 though still. Found it much harder than 2k21 to begin with. Swing speed is way more sensitive and I keep getting hooks from going "fast" when it didn't feel any faster than the other swings. Chipping has become a joke as well on some of the faster greens, but then, the previous game was probably too easy in that area. I'm finding it a grind trying to win money to upgrade the clubs as well, taking forever to earn enough to upgrade my whole set of irons.

See the 'is golf to expensive' threar to explain the grind to afford new irons:D:D

I am waitng for the new EA golf game which should not be too far away, the 2K range in most sports has never been quite as good and used to rely heavily on paying real cash to progress (I bet you can buy in game money to get that new set of irons quickly)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
See the 'is golf to expensive' threar to explain the grind to afford new irons:D:D

I am waitng for the new EA golf game which should not be too far away, the 2K range in most sports has never been quite as good and used to rely heavily on paying real cash to progress (I bet you can buy in game money to get that new set of irons quickly)
If anyone does that they need their head checking! But yeah, most likely. I wouldn't have bought the game until it got a bit cheaper, but the missus got it me for Christmas in the end. It's still good, you just have to accept the odd 'fast' swing and play with a draw instead of a fade as I do in real life. :D