2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Tough choice already....:love:

Apparently Tom Kim spent Xmas with Jordan...Tom went back for 4ths at dinner.....
#Legend:LOL:

C7usk

Visit site
What a finish.. Well done Rahm. Great comeback. I really should've went to bed but was worth it... Feel sorry for Morikawa right enough.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Couple of big leads Morikawa has dropped now. Always highlights how tough the game is, burst on the scene, picked up majors and all the talk was how many. Now he's struggled to add any wins over last 18 months and out of the top 10 (11th still pretty decent!).

I know Rory doesn't close out enough, and is a bit marmite on here, but it does highlight how impressive his consistency is and that 4 majors is a level very few achieve.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Couple of big leads Morikawa has dropped now. Always highlights how tough the game is, burst on the scene, picked up majors and all the talk was how many. Now he's struggled to add any wins over last 18 months and out of the top 10 (11th still pretty decent!).

I know Rory doesn't close out enough, and is a bit marmite on here, but it does highlight how impressive his consistency is and that 4 majors is a level very few achieve.
Is Morikawa struggling? I must have missed that memo. Top 5 in two of the majors last year. :unsure:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
He won 3 times in 2021...not unreasonable to expect him to win at least once last year..
Plus..he has blown 2 big leads..both of which were when leading after 54 holes..should have converted at least one but probably both regardless of what other players did.
The TOC is going to hurt him for a while..

C7usk

Visit site
Hawaii time zone is a pain.... went to bed assuming twas all over! :ROFLMAO:
Lol.. Know what you mean Ian... I was gonna do the same myself... Flicked over sky before bed and noticed it was tight so ended up staying up.... Bit of a half shut knife the day though..

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is Morikawa struggling? I must have missed that memo. Top 5 in two of the majors last year. :unsure:

It obviously depends on the context given we're talking about a multi-millionaire, who just got married and gets to play golf all year round as his living, but a lot of chat on the forum suggests placing in majors or consistent golf isn't enough, it comes down to wins and for some only major wins.

I think my wording was "struggled to add wins" which is the case given he's blown 5 plus shot leads. ;)

Jason.H

Visit site
I think Morikawa would admit he struggled yesterday. Back 9 Sunday. Pressure from Rahm and he just started duffing chips from what looked like good lies. A simple looking bunker shot he air mailed the green and even the putting looked shaky. FairPlay to Rahm that was amazing to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.