2023 NFL Season

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
This Facebook group is surely just the two of you?!

I think I've missed 5 NFL games in the UK since they first started and the Browns are consistently the only shirt I never see! At least you've both got excuses for them... I became a Redskins fan when I was 13 by thinking the shirt looked really cool in a market. Who doesn't love Burgundy and Gold! Could be worse, a very good friend of mine is a Jets fan!

We were well represented when the Browns actually came over! I watched an Ohio State game in a bar in London with a good couple of hundred Brownies the night before too.

Alas though, were not the most desirable. I suppose its much like foreign fans of the premier league - they're always likely to pick someone whos half decent.

I used to play American Football and there were so many Pats, Phins, Giants, Green Bay fans!

Ahh the skins! Not the same being "Commanders" is it...

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
We were well represented when the Browns actually came over! I watched an Ohio State game in a bar in London with a good couple of hundred Brownies the night before too.

Alas though, were not the most desirable. I suppose its much like foreign fans of the premier league - they're always likely to pick someone whos half decent.

I used to play American Football and there were so many Pats, Phins, Giants, Green Bay fans!

Indians to Guardians. Times change. 😉
There were a good few Browns jerseys that game for sure. Unlike the 8 I see at the other games. 🤣
Replaced my Cribbs jersey last season for 24 Chubb. It was a close call between him and Myles Garrett. Those two are simply incredible footballers!

D

Deleted member 15344

Well I’m a Broncos fan

I was very lucky that in the 80’s ( 87 ) my dad won a competition to go to a Super Bowl and we went to watch the Giants Vs Broncos - my brother supported Giants so I picked Broncos , stuck with them since and seen them lose a good number of super bowls - was great to see Elway finally win two

Then went through a lot of poor times until Manning arrived and we should have won more than the one with him

Since he left we haven’t even been to the playoffs despite spending fortune on Wilson. Now have Payton and already suffered a poor loss to the Raiders so expecting another season missing the playoffs

Bratty

Visit site
Well I’m a Broncos fan

I was very lucky that in the 80’s ( 87 ) my dad won a competition to go to a Super Bowl and we went to watch the Giants Vs Broncos - my brother supported Giants so I picked Broncos , stuck with them since and seen them lose a good number of super bowls - was great to see Elway finally win two

Then went through a lot of poor times until Manning arrived and we should have won more than the one with him

Since he left we haven’t even been to the playoffs despite spending fortune on Wilson. Now have Payton and already suffered a poor loss to the Raiders so expecting another season missing the playoffs
As a Browns fan, I'm trying to find the world's smallest violin!!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Indians to Guardians. Times change. 😉
There were a good few Browns jerseys that game for sure. Unlike the 8 I see at the other games. 🤣
Replaced my Cribbs jersey last season for 24 Chubb. It was a close call between him and Myles Garrett. Those two are simply incredible footballers!

Chubb is just different level talented - and don't even get me started on Garrett. That bloke is an absolute weapon. His arms are as big as my torso :ROFLMAO:

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only just caught up on the Jets game. Aaron Rodgers out for the season with a torn Achilles after just 4 plays!! 😳
Huge shame for Rogers, I wonder if he will be able to play again as he isn't exactly a spring chicken and Achilles problems take a long time to fix and will it ever be as strong.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Huge shame for Rogers, I wonder if he will be able to play again as he isn't exactly a spring chicken and Achilles problems take a long time to fix and will it ever be as strong.

Read a few rumours saying he may be done...

But he'd be leaving a lot of money on the table if he did retire

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Who did you play for a Bdill. I played for Mansfield Express back in the day. The year I started playing I followed the Patriots. They got to the Super Bowl and got battered by the Bears. William Perry was one of the stars that day.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Who did you play for a Bdill. I played for Mansfield Express back in the day. The year I started playing I followed the Patriots. They got to the Super Bowl and got battered by the Bears. William Perry was one of the stars that day.
Ahhhh the fridge, I was a pats fan back then ( still am ) and remember Perry lining up as a running back and just bulldozing his way through the pats defence from about four yards out . Probably the most one sided super bowl ever.
Mike Ditka had the pats in his pocket all night and the pats couldn't find an answer to anything the Bears threw at them .

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Worcestershire had a team for a while - "The Black Knights" but unfortunately they have now folded as they struggled with numbers.

I also played for the Worcester University team while at Uni - "The Royals"

Played QB, was quite proud of my numbers etc and led the team (knights) to their first win, first TD pass (and more thereafter) and even playoffs one year.

Gave it up when planning to get married, lots of injuries every year and I didn't want to be walking down the isle supported by a knee brace :ROFLMAO:

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Rodgers needs to come back next year to pick up his cash BUT more importantly, to finish a job at the Jets. They looked like title contenders on paper with him there (despite the O line being a touch creaky)

Captainron

Visit site
4 weeks in and the season has been quality so far. Some superb results!

Bears and Broncos look like the worst teams for me.

49ers look different gravy and I hope the Seahawks can stay on their coat tails until week 12 when we play them.

Bratty

Visit site
Atlanta were poor at Wembley!!
Threw an interception which the jags scored from. Receive the ball again post-punt return and... throw an interception! Unbelievable!
Browns are going to struggle without Chubb AND Watson!

Captainron

Visit site
Threw an interception which the jags scored from. Receive the ball again post-punt return and... throw an interception! Unbelievable!
The Browns would have struggled no matter what! It’s just part of life…🤣

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
4 weeks in and the season has been quality so far. Some superb results!

Bears and Broncos look like the worst teams for me.

49ers look different gravy and I hope the Seahawks can stay on their coat tails until week 12 when we play them.
Can I add the Raiders to your list please.

Sack the clown 🤡

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We were sitting at the game and couldn't work out how the Falcons had won 2 games - they were dreadful. Also, considering they have 2 offensive weapons (Pitts & Robinson), I was surprised how many times both or one of them wasn't on the field when they were on offense - surely, they should be playing pretty much every offensive snap?
The Jags were pretty bad as well though to be honest.