2022 World Cup.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
OK, so qualification is probable, but that was an hour and a half that I'd rather not live through again. Slow, turgid and uninspiring on our part. USA were well organised and by far the more imaginative. If things don't change it certainly won't be 'It's coming home' but more 'We're coming home'...

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think a lot of commentators and fans got carried away with the first game, tonight’s game was always going to be harder.

But with the talent of Kane, Bellingham, Saka , Grealish, Foden,Rashford, Mount we should have had enough to beat the USA.

I didn’t include Sterling as I think he shouldn’t start for England.

I hope Grealish and Foden start next game.

Swango1980

Visit site
Southgate's interview says it all.

After Iran, he was negative and criticised conceding 2 goals. Was not overly excited about scoring 6.

Tonight he is really excited by the clean sheet.

And why did Foden not come on? Because Grealish holds on to it better, and Rashford is quicker

D

Deleted member 15344

How about Wilson for Kane. We don't need an extra defender to clog up the park, we need someone with pace who's going to be in place to attack.

It’s a big issue for England - Kane constantly dropping deep taking the ball off CB’s then leaves no focal point up front because the wide players are also too deep. The whole team lacked creativity and their two best creative players sat the whole game on the bench

But it’s no different from your standard Southgate set up and tactics and it won’t ever change and his interview afterwards ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Southgate I was just laughing.
We controlled the game from the back.
We have the most exciting young players going forward sitting on the bench.
I did have a thought that the USA scored we might see the back of him.
Absolute dross.
Has Mount got a dirty tape of him, how he played all game is a shocker.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Gareth watching a different game. Stuttered when asked about no Foden. ?

The problem with international management, especially now . Is we have real strength in depth . If foden had come on instead of grealish and same result it would have been why no grealish

Swango1980

Visit site
The problem with international management, especially now . Is we have real strength in depth . If foden had come on instead of grealish and same result it would have been why no grealish
I'd have thought most fans would think Foden is England's best attacking player, and most in form? So, I doubt there would have been as much scrutiny if Foden came on and Grealish didn't.

However, don't see why they both couldn't come on. Mount did nothing.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd have thought most fans would think Foden is England's best attacking player, and most in form? So, I doubt there would have been as much scrutiny if Foden came on and Grealish didn't.

However, don't see why they both couldn't come on. Mount did nothing.

Mount will become England's latest Scape goat because foden isn't playing

He wasn't that bad

It's like when everyone wanted grealish and Sancho at the world cup and people moaned that rice and Phillips started together rather than being more attacking

Let's be honest and look at the game objectively

We didn't lose

We have 4 points from a possible 6

We will most likely qualify

Bad games happen but we kept a clean sheet and didn't make it worse than a draw.

Swango1980

Visit site
Mount will become England's latest Scape goat because foden isn't playing

He wasn't that bad

It's like when everyone wanted grealish and Sancho at the world cup and people moaned that rice and Phillips started together rather than being more attacking

Let's be honest and look at the game objectively

We didn't lose

We have 4 points from a possible 6

We will most likely qualify

Bad games happen but we kept a clean sheet and didn't make it worse than a draw.
I'm not blaming Mount. He is a decent player, and can do a job. He is nowhere near Foden's talent though. And, especially after the game was as it was, it was bizarre ignoring Foden on bench. I'm questioning Southgate, not Mount.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not blaming Mount. He is a decent player, and can do a job. He is nowhere near Foden's talent though. And, especially after the game was as it was, it was bizarre ignoring Foden on bench. I'm questioning Southgate, not Mount.

Fair enough, I wanted foden on aswell but end of day we live to fight another game

Respect the point