2021 Professional Golf Thread

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's infuriating when Sky stop showing the featured groups to just talk crap. We want to watch the golf!

1. It is the start of the program and if you have recorded it you might want to know what has gone on.
2. It is probably when the host broadcaster starts to show live coverage rather than featured groups.

redbrownie

Visit site
1. It is the start of the program and if you have recorded it you might want to know what has gone on.
2. It is probably when the host broadcaster starts to show live coverage rather than featured groups.

It's not; PGA Tour Live shows the featured group all the way through, Sky choose to move away from it to set up their live coverage, by showing highlights of the shots that people who have been watching live have already seen.

They have about a million channels so it would be easy for them to show that build up to full live coverage on one and continue with the featured group on another until the full coverage starts.

I was sat there missing live golf whilst they were talking about things like Tiger, which happened 3 days earlier.

Show the flamin' golf.

Boomy

Visit site
I wonder if they’ve put alligators ? around the greens to try and speed up DJ and his tediously laborious putting routine? ?

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Another good start for Finau.

I think last week could have been a turning point, hopefully next time he's in contention he'll keep his foot on the gas.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him win this week by a few shots...
Yeah, does seem to be consistently knocking on the door and I certainly wouldn't begrudge him walking through. Actually thought last week the play off was worse for him. If it had ended as it should in normal time he'd have walked off with good credit for the low Sunday round and "just came up short", rather than "losing a play off".

FELL75

Visit site
I really don't like going into bunkers, they are to penalise if you go off line. To pros and these courses it's almost like a bailout. I know they practice a lot, just seems too easy for them with such good, smooth sand. I guess that's why I like pot bunkers on British links courses...

IainP

Visit site
I really don't like going into bunkers, they are to penalise if you go off line. To pros and these courses it's almost like a bailout. I know they practice a lot, just seems too easy for them with such good, smooth sand. I guess that's why I like pot bunkers on British links courses...
Generally agree, you often hear the chat where they play to a bunker if out of position, but right now Viktor disagrees, times 2!

NearHull

Visit site
How on earth did Victor’s caddy allow him to try to play that shot out of the bushes. At their skill level, they should have taken the penalty and gone back to the fairway bunker. They should trust their skill out of bunkers not the ‘Hail Mary’ out of the bushes.

edit. I find myself shouting at the tv, an inanimate object, at a scenario occurring some 3,000 miles away, which was recorded some 30 minutes ago, as though I am going to influence their decision. I’m not sure who is craziest , me or Victor!

Last edited:

IainP

Visit site
How on earth did Victor’s caddy allow him to try to play that shot out of the bushes. At their skill level, they should have taken the penalty and gone back to the fairway bunker. They should trust their skill out of bunkers not the ‘Hail Mary’ out of the bushes.
Interestingly the US commentators/pundits live agreed with him not going back, as they thought his drop in the bunker would likely plug and he'd struggle not to hit it back in the bushes...

Me, I'd probably have picked up and NR'd ???