2021 Professional Golf Thread

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Times are grim, but there's something rather splendid about sitting down to breakfast and watching Rory, Westy and Hatton playing well in the gulf.
I love coffee golf at this time of year.

D

Deleted member 15344

Some great golf yesterday and whilst I’m not a fan of the courses in the Middle East it’s good to watch golf on the Telly again

Hatton was brilliant to watch, people may not like his sulky demeanour on the course but the dry humour he has when playing is great

Rory just looks happy , seem to enjoy himself whilst translated into some superb golf

A good start to the European Tour

Looking at the schedule ahead it’s great that we will have 4 events in England this year - hopefully crowds will be able to go to some

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I watched the AbuDhabi golf yesterday, and enjoyed it, although the course looks a bit flat and boring. Top golf on show though.
Saw a bit of the American Express too. Stunning scenery, and with the dormant grass in the rough, really picturesque. The golf left me a bit cold though.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I watched the AbuDhabi golf yesterday, and enjoyed it, although the course looks a bit flat and boring. Top golf on show though.
Saw a bit of the American Express too. Stunning scenery, and with the dormant grass in the rough, really picturesque. The golf left me a bit cold though.
Exactly the same Chris..put the Abu golf on the US course and you've got a winner..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some great golf yesterday and whilst I’m not a fan of the courses in the Middle East it’s good to watch golf on the Telly again

Hatton was brilliant to watch, people may not like his sulky demeanour on the course but the dry humour he has when playing is great

Rory just looks happy , seem to enjoy himself whilst translated into some superb golf

A good start to the European Tour

Looking at the schedule ahead it’s great that we will have 4 events in England this year - hopefully crowds will be able to go to some
I used to think Hatton was very stroppy and found him annoying - but he seems to have mellowed, more sarcastic and the dry humour as you say, and I can't help but like him nowadays. (y)

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Just seen a stat on the Live Golf, In 2018 , 49 players averaged +300 Yards driving , In 2020, 85 Players averaged +300 yards, and the commentators put that down to the Clubs & Ball technology. But there has been virtually no improvement in equipment technology in the last couple of years, so it can only be down to golfers improving their own physique and technical set up

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just seen a stat on the Live Golf, In 2018 , 49 players averaged +300 Yards driving , In 2020, 85 Players averaged +300 yards, and the commentators put that down to the Clubs & Ball technology. But there has been virtually no improvement in equipment technology in the last couple of years, so it can only be down to golfers improving their own physique and technical set up

But the design of modern equipment allows players to swing out of their boots. The players can then take advantage of this by getting stronger, and swinging faster. They don't need to flush it as such, so it rewards a good thrashing.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
But the design of modern equipment allows players to swing out of their boots. The players can then take advantage of this by getting stronger, and swinging faster. They don't need to flush it as such, so it rewards a good thrashing.

I believe that some of the latest drivers have better technology to keep the ball miss hit off the face straighter as, I understand the Sim drivers are supposed to do . If the driver brings a long driver back to the fairway rather than the rough then scores and distances should improve

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I hadn't really felt the urge to watch anything up till now, but snow is falling outside and European tour is now on ⛳
Nice leaderboard.
Good to see the thread was kicked off (LT ?)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Recorded it, am am watching an hour delayed. Lots of McIlroy on the putting green, a bit of Fleetwood, very little actual golf. Very reminiscent of watching Tiger really.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Recorded it, am am watching an hour delayed. Lots of McIlroy on the putting green, a bit of Fleetwood, very little actual golf. Very reminiscent of watching Tiger really.
Does that mean that the rest of us have to go spoiler free for 4 hours, or do you promise not to read here until it's done??