2021 Professional Golf Thread

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
New year, new thread.

First tournament up over in Hawaii. With all that is going on I'm just enjoying watching the scenery, the colours, warm weather. It's a handsome course, would be lovely to play.

I'm really enjoying watching Im play. His slow take back is something I'm going to try and mimic this year.

D

Deleted member 25172

New year, new thread.

First tournament up over in Hawaii. With all that is going on I'm just enjoying watching the scenery, the colours, warm weather. It's a handsome course, would be lovely to play.

I'm really enjoying watching Im play. His slow take back is something I'm going to try and mimic this year.

It looks surreal to me, Im’s backswing that is. But in a nice way. Think it may mess with your head though if you try it! :)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Rumours of the Mexico WGC relocating to Fllrida this year and the going International in '22 and '23 as part of the European Tour tie up..
Might go back to The Grove:LOL:

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
It's all very smooth to my eye. I know it won't suit many but I think it will help give me more control.
Know what you mean. My innate problem is swinging too fast. For a while Inthought that related only to the downswing, but a few times my pp said I was swinging too fast on the backswing.
When I went slower takeaway, and therefore fuller( or further), then the hits got better.
Only thing I have to look out for is, if I take back too slow to almost stopped I seem to lose rhythm and can then slash at the ball.
But , nevertheless, my swingthought is....go slower..

D

Deleted member 18588

New year, new thread.

Certainly can't agree re: the course, it's just a typical resort lay out complete with buggy paths.

75 yard wide fairways!

Mind you some are still missing them.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Certainly can't agree re: the course, it's just a typical resort lay out complete with buggy paths.

75 yard wide fairways!

Mind you some are still missing them.
You are right, it is a typical resort course. I'm okay with that though, the background is pretty pleasant and it's a release from the depressing news that we are drowning in right now.

I suspect a goat track in Hawaii would look attractive to me at the moment, the bar is set low.

Did you see some of the tee shots by JT on the back 9? 100yd fairways wouldn't have saved him.

D

Deleted member 18588

You are right, it is a typical resort course. I'm okay with that though, the background is pretty pleasant and it's a release from the depressing news that we are drowning in right now.

I suspect a goat track in Hawaii would look attractive to me at the moment, the bar is set low.

Did you see some of the tee shots by JT on the back 9? 100yd fairways wouldn't have saved him.

And to think they have been fitted for their drivers!?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I quite like watching this comp for the scenic location and seeing golf in the sunshine with blue skies in a gloomy January here. However, this particular comp always seems a bit boring to me, and I can never sit and watch it for more than 20 mins at a time.

D

Deleted member 18588

It's always nice to see golf being played in good weather and with some spectacular scenery.

Particularly this year.

However, my original point was merely about the bland and, to me, boring nature of the course.

How can JT still be in contention with the problems he is having with the driver?

D

Deleted member 18588

Because he is still one of the best golfers in the world?
And I am a big fan but my point is that he is missing fairways that are massive and would be missing many more if they were of similar width to many other Tour courses.

D

Deleted member 18588

Average score for the 42 man field is 14.74 under par!!

Even the two players tied for last place were 4 under.

D

Deleted member 1147

Apparently JT is trying out a new shaft. By the sounds of it, on this thread, he’ll be going back to his old one soon.

sunshine

Visit site
It's always nice to see golf being played in good weather and with some spectacular scenery.

Particularly this year.

However, my original point was merely about the bland and, to me, boring nature of the course.

Bit late to this thread.

I love this competition. Nice to see a bit of paradise when it's so miserable at home.

Kapalua is anything but boring to me. It's unlike any other course on tour with the huge changes in elevation and strong winds. The players can't play target golf like most weeks because they have to allow for roll, factor in elevation and wind. Where else do you see 400 yard drives?

It played easier this year because there was a lot of rain which softened up the fairways. Normally the fairways are much firmer so even though they are really wide you have to find the right part or the ball rolls off. Also the holes are designed in a way to encourage the players to flirt with trouble, there's a lot of risk/reward. Loads of driveable par 4's

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
How many of us recognise the hole that featured in the film, It a mad mad world.
The film was hilarious, a motley crew all trying to get to be first to the big double yuh ( W). Beneath which was some buried loot.
Turns out the big W is the three trees leaning into each other near one of the greens of this Course. Can't remember which number hole it is, but when watching , you can see the players hitting towards......the big W.

sunshine

Visit site
How many of us recognise the hole that featured in the film, It a mad mad world.
The film was hilarious, a motley crew all trying to get to be first to the big double yuh ( W). Beneath which was some buried loot.
Turns out the big W is the three trees leaning into each other near one of the greens of this Course. Can't remember which number hole it is, but when watching , you can see the players hitting towards......the big W.

Don't know, but it's not Waialae.