2021 NFL Season

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Black Monday started early in the NFL with Vic Fangio going in Denver and Mike Zimmer in Minnesota. To nobody's surprise, Matt Nagy is out in Chicago but Bryan Flores in Miami was unexpected. A result of a power struggle with the owner who is totally in love with Michigan's Jim Harbaugh (aka the biggest nutter in the game). Joe Judge will surely go from the Giants later today.

Both Bucs' co-ordinators, Byron Leftwich and Todd Bowles have already interviewed for the vacant Jacksonville job and no-one is sure if "Pit Boss" Rich Biasaccia will have the interim tag taken off him in Las Vegas.

And anyone who has not seen the highlights of the Chargers v Raiders game last night, just watch them. It's one of the greatest regular season games ever played.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Aryans straight in with a statement about him no longer being a member of the Bucaneers. So close to the pointy end of the season. Playoff berth secured and a chance at another ring and the idiot walks out!?!? Unreal

Antonio Brown is a complete lunatic who was lucky to even be on the roster after his vaccination card stunt. A case of the Bucs having no receivers for the game in Carolina two weeks ago. He was screaming in the locker room at half-time about not getting enough targets and then did a diva act on the sideline which is when Arians told him to get off the field. My podcast co-host, TJ Rives can be seen in all the clips of Brown throwing down his jersey and pads (TJ is in the red jacket behind). Brown then got an Uber from the stadium to La Guardia airport where the driver was live tweeting. The Bucs then waited four days going through the necessary NFL protocols and legal steps before releasing him. He is history in the game now.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Black Monday started early in the NFL with Vic Fangio going in Denver and Mike Zimmer in Minnesota. To nobody's surprise, Matt Nagy is out in Chicago but Bryan Flores in Miami was unexpected. A result of a power struggle with the owner who is totally in love with Michigan's Jim Harbaugh (aka the biggest nutter in the game). Joe Judge will surely go from the Giants later today.

Both Bucs' co-ordinators, Byron Leftwich and Todd Bowles have already interviewed for the vacant Jacksonville job and no-one is sure if "Pit Boss" Rich Biasaccia will have the interim tag taken off him in Las Vegas.

And anyone who has not seen the highlights of the Chargers v Raiders game last night, just watch them. It's one of the greatest regular season games ever played.
Fins twitter not impressed at all. Most asking the same question, why not Greier?

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site

Do you think Carroll will survive in Seattle?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
An interesting one - that would lead to the bigger question for the franchise on whether to keep Russell Wilson. I think Carroll has reached the end of his shelf life but you don't get rid of a decent QB, albeit a second-tier one like Wilson. They don't grow on trees and there are no top quality prospects in the 2022 draft. Then again, I don't think Ryan Fitzpatrick has played for Seattle yet ....

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I didn't get to watch it due to the time, it seems consistent with Raiders winning when I don't watch live. Going to be hard not to give DC a contract extension.
Rumour is Harburgh will get HC position ( in the raiders forums)

Carson wentz ??

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
PS, Do you think any team in the NFL would have taken the knee and settle for a tie ?
I couldn't see it , especially against a divisional rival.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If they had done that, several Vegas sports books would have lost millions as they were a lot of long-shot combination bets on the Jags beating the Colts and then the Raiders-Chargers ending in a tie. It would have been funny as hell. But then the Raiders would have wound up going to Kansas City in the first round of the playoffs which is why they carried on driving for the winning fieldgoal. That was so nearly the end of Ben Roethlisberger's career - that fieldgoal misses, the Steelers miss the playoffs and Ben is retired. As it is, he gets to go to Arrowhead and watch his team get their brains beaten out next weekend whilst he tries to complete a pass of more than five yards downfield.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Bucs in 2014 deliberately played to lose to gain the No.1 overall pick but the Titans were doing the same in their game. The Bucs rested all their starters and ran about four different plays the entire second half. I had a podcast last week talking about strange season finales and this game came up as one of them.

If they had done the same in the last game of the 1988 season, they would have picked third in the 89 draft and not fifth. By beating the Lions in that meaningless game, Detroit drafted Barry Sanders and the Bucs got LB Broderick Thomas ..... who? Exactly.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Fins twitter not impressed at all. Most asking the same question, why not Greier?
Was a bit of a surprise, particularly with a 2nd winning season. However, the D flashed but caved at crucial times, Tua hasn't progressed, the oline is (still) a disaster and the running game only picked up when we picked up Duke Johnson on waivers (and then only started him when the others all got covid even though it was obvious from his performances that he was better than the others).
Apparently, he was asked to make changes to the staff & refused - he was then fired.
Grier likely saved due to the 2021 draft - two in the all-rookie team (Holland & Waddle) and a 3rd (Philips) who was likely close. However, the interesting thing will be if the new coach wants to work with Grier (he likely gets 're-assigned' like Tannebaun was a few years ago).
All makes the offseason interesting though

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site

And as you said, Judge got fired as well.
I want nothing to do with Harbaugh.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anyone would think the main argument in Miami was a coach who wanted to draft Herbert and an owner who wanted Tua. You can just imagine that one playing out in owner-coach meetings until Flores got fired.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm on a Vegas sports station tonight previewing the Wild Card games and talking about coaching hires. I'm taking Bengals, Chiefs and Bills in the AFC (really going on a limb there) and the Bucs (quelle surprise), Niners and Cardinals for two upsets in the NFC. And then I will spend at least 48 hours laughing at images of Jerry Jones chewing a turd sandwich in his Dallas luxury box.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I'm on a Vegas sports station tonight previewing the Wild Card games and talking about coaching hires. I'm taking Bengals, Chiefs and Bills in the AFC (really going on a limb there) and the Bucs (quelle surprise), Niners and Cardinals for two upsets in the NFC. And then I will spend at least 48 hours laughing at images of Jerry Jones chewing a turd sandwich in his Dallas luxury box.
You’ll be pleased with that absolute mauling of the Eagles.

Buffalo looked decent too. Josh Allen played like everyone thinks he can and not like he had been.

Pleased to see the “Bangles” get through with all those awesome rookies

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Got 5 out of 5 so far with the Cardinals tonight - I could end up top billing on the Vegas radio station I work for this week with predictions like this.