2020 Professional Golf Thread

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The "golfer" in me is enjoying the challenge this week. The "tv viewer" in me enjoyed last week, especially the last few hours. Will see how Sunday pans out.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The "golfer" in me is enjoying the challenge this week. The "tv viewer" in me enjoyed last week, especially the last few hours. Will see how Sunday pans out.
It looks a fabulous course, a real test for the pro's. Nice to see wild shots punished for change over in the US. Rahm may be clear right now but he could quite easily leak shots on a hole or two and bring the field back to him.

BubbaP

Visit site
Just scanned the 4th round groups, hadn't spotted before that there are two single player tee times. I assume that's because of +ve covid tests.
Guess the tour tells them to maintain their position in the field, and to take their time.

BubbaP

Visit site
It looks a fabulous course, a real test for the pro's. Nice to see wild shots punished for change over in the US. Rahm may be clear right now but he could quite easily leak shots on a hole or two and bring the field back to him.
Yep. When I wrote the post (I think I became distracted and didn't click reply immediately) Finau was cruising and nothing much else was happening. Soon after Rahm's birdie run and Finau's problems did spice things up.
As you say that lead could easily go, and Rahm has been known to see red mist at times - although expect he's learnt from that.

Rebuteo

Visit site

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Be interesting to see if John Rahm can hold his nerve to win and possibly become World No 1 at the same time.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
-15 for Rahm. 6 or 7 clear.

He seemed to hope for a tough course earlier in the week and I think his mindset for this week has been ideal.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
That would be some round. Hope you're right - would like to see a good round win it rather than someone holding on in a contest of attrition.
I'd like to see Day win for financial reasons. Like Rahm though, only down side to him winning would be the Seve faff. I'm yet to see an interview of him gushing about him as an idol. Obviously he knows him, but he grew up what's Garcia. But being Spanish it's easy PR.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking at conditions right now anything could happen, looks absolutely brutal. Pins are crazy on some holes, greens baked out and wind getting up. This should be interesting viewing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Mickleson putting (and subsequent debate in the Sky studio). I get his explanation and seeing the pin position on the second hole he did it on you can see why but when you've a short game like his, if he's not confident pitching and getting it close is the set up wrong?

BubbaP

Visit site
Mickleson putting (and subsequent debate in the Sky studio). I get his explanation and seeing the pin position on the second hole he did it on you can see why but when you've a short game like his, if he's not confident pitching and getting it close is the set up wrong?
Came across a bit "I'm not relevant in this tournament, how can I draw attention to myself and generate some twitter hits".
Plus he has form of mini protests when course conditions are tough.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Came across a bit "I'm not relevant in this tournament, how can I draw attention to myself and generate some twitter hits".
Plus he has form of mini protests when course conditions are tough.
Totally agree. No need to play those shots and others have found a way to get it done. Bit naughty in my opinion to try and take some of the limelight away from Jack Nicklaus who has put on a great tournament and a course set up fantastically

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
They've mentioned the wind affecting them multiple times over the last couple of days - I've just checked the weather there during this storm - it's only gusting to up to about 20mph.

"Downwind is a horror, you can't stop in on firm greens" said Andrew Coltart (I think) just now - maybe Phil maybe wasn't too far off putting - I'd certainly be testing to see if I could bump and run it in from 80 yards.