• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Same as every year...

- try to finish the season lower in the handicap than I started;
- win a weekend competiton;
- if my handicap goes the wrong way, successfully defend my 'C' class Championship;

Other than that, I'll be playing in the Lothians' Handicap Matchplay this season; and I'm aiming to play a few more Open competitons throughout the year.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would like to get down to 18 handicap. That might be a bit of a stretch from 22.9 at the moment, but if I don't quite get there in 2018 I'd hope to be not too far off.

Get under 90 more consistently. I did that for the first time in July, and another three or four times since - the best being 85 - but obviously I'd like to make that a more regular occurrence. Bearing in mind the par at our place is only 68, then this should go hand in hand with the handicap goal anyway.

Other than that, just to keep playing at least once a week and keep enjoying it as I have done all of this year.

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
1. Lower the handicap from 22.4 to 18.
2. Hit a sub 90 round more consistently
3. Plan a trip abroad with my golf buddies

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I would like to get down to 18 handicap. That might be a bit of a stretch from 22.9 at the moment, but if I don't quite get there in 2018 I'd hope to be not too far off.

Get under 90 more consistently. I did that for the first time in July, and another three or four times since - the best being 85 - but obviously I'd like to make that a more regular occurrence. Bearing in mind the par at our place is only 68, then this should go hand in hand with the handicap goal anyway.

Other than that, just to keep playing at least once a week and keep enjoying it as I have done all of this year.

Have to raise the bar high. Keep plugging away

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How do you find the super speed training?

2018 target for me is to improve my golf fitness to enable me to play pain free whenever I play, and also to work on increasing swing speed.

Another target is to win my club championship.

Hi Merv sorry just seen this. I have only just got it and done my 1st session Monday. I don't think I could really comment until I have properly done it for a few months and stuck to the programme but I was swinging faster by end of the 1st session that at the start which is encouraging.

Without a ball I actually got my driver swing speed up to 110mph (& 107 + 104) by the end of the session but that could be a misread on Radar or just having warmed up a bit more. At the start of the session had 2 x 102 and a 99MPH which is where my usual SS is on Trackman.

Like you I am looking to get fitter and general gym work bores me to tears so although I am doing some TPI exercises the fact it's golf related makes it a bit more palatable.

Re: the other comments on why I would want to increase SS- Fitness, hitting the ball further, ego!!!

I honestly don't know why trying to increase distance in this country is sneered at- is always the old ah concentrate on technique, impact, better SF, short game etc- I'm still doing all this so don't know why doing a training programme(in my garage in a little spare time might I add) on golf fitness is seen as a bad thing.

Re the superspeed system; for what you get it's essentially 3 weights on a shaft is very expensive at £235. Plus if like me you want to record it you're another £100 on a radar. A lot of endorsement for it right enough with a lot of tour players and long drive guys using it. I definitely think it will increase my SS throughout the bag- time will tell if it makes me a better golfer.

merv79

Head Pro
www.ferndowngolfclub.co.uk
Hi Merv sorry just seen this. I have only just got it and done my 1st session Monday. I don't think I could really comment until I have properly done it for a few months and stuck to the programme but I was swinging faster by end of the 1st session that at the start which is encouraging.

Without a ball I actually got my driver swing speed up to 110mph (& 107 + 104) by the end of the session but that could be a misread on Radar or just having warmed up a bit more. At the start of the session had 2 x 102 and a 99MPH which is where my usual SS is on Trackman.

Like you I am looking to get fitter and general gym work bores me to tears so although I am doing some TPI exercises the fact it's golf related makes it a bit more palatable.

Re: the other comments on why I would want to increase SS- Fitness, hitting the ball further, ego!!!

I honestly don't know why trying to increase distance in this country is sneered at- is always the old ah concentrate on technique, impact, better SF, short game etc- I'm still doing all this so don't know why doing a training programme(in my garage in a little spare time might I add) on golf fitness is seen as a bad thing.

Re the superspeed system; for what you get it's essentially 3 weights on a shaft is very expensive at £235. Plus if like me you want to record it you're another £100 on a radar. A lot of endorsement for it right enough with a lot of tour players and long drive guys using it. I definitely think it will increase my SS throughout the bag- time will tell if it makes me a better golfer.

Thanks mate, that's interesting.
I didn't realise that the Superspeed system was that expensive to be honest, that puts me off a bit. I think the right fitness training can have a similar effect.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Having moved to a course on my doorstep. I'm hoping for a better year in 2018. I feel like i stagnated this year, had some good rounds but didn't play enough comps so handicap stalled at 18.

Plans this year are:

Lose at least 10kgs
Shoot less than 80 (hit 81 3 times this season)
Play at least 50 rounds (should be easy)
Perform at my society weekend

But the biggest thing i'm looking forward to is spenning time on the course with my eldest (7) who's asked Santa for some clubs for xmas.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
My goals for 2018;

Strengthen my core.
Try to be a healthier person.
Get my lofts and lies checked.
Get a proper putter fitting.
Buy an indoor putting matt to work on my putting technique.
Get back down from 4.1 to 3.2 by the end of the year. I've made this quite precise, as 3.2 is where i started before my son was born 3 years ago. My game has been on the slide since then and i've slowly crept up to 4.1, so i'm determined to get back down to where i was.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had a good think about this now, and mine are as follows -

Shoot under 70 in a competition
Average under 5 on par 5's in competitions
Positive strokes gained (against scratch) Putting & Off The Tee
Be Lower than 2.3 handicap
Finish top 5 Club Champs (3rd last year)

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I've had a good think about this now, and mine are as follows -

Shoot under 70 in a competition
Average under 5 on par 5's in competitions
Positive strokes gained (against scratch) Putting & Off The Tee
Be Lower than 2.3 handicap
Finish top 5 Club Champs (3rd last year)

Impressive goals there fella, good luck 👍