2017 Aims #questfor20

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With the season all but over the hard work can start for the winter leading into the start of the 2017 season.

I'm not one of these to stop playing completely (I am sure others on here are the same) but it certainly winds down a bit.

Given up my range membership in favour for PAYG so I can avoid just getting 120 balls and going for it.. 30 or 60 balls and take my time.

Brings me onto the question whats everyones aim for next season?

mine is to be cut in my main society to 20.. #questfor20 (sounds catchy) however id be more than happy to be cut to 24 but aim high (or low as it would be)

slow steady practice over the winter and bring on march 29th for the first event

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Given up my range membership in favour for PAYG so I can avoid just getting 120 balls and going for it.. 30 or 60 balls and take my time.

Curious. The way to get better at most physical things is to practice hard and not be distracted by the need to 'produce the goods' on a regular basis which limits how deep you can really challenge your technique.

I am going up a bucket size now, not down. Take the opportunity to ingrain good habits, not take the foot off the pedal.

If my body holds up, I'm aiming for a PB in Spring 2017. Nothing else will enter my mind.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Curious. The way to get better at most physical things is to practice hard and not be distracted by the need to 'produce the goods' on a regular basis which limits how deep you can really challenge your technique.

I am going up a bucket size now, not down. Take the opportunity to ingrain good habits, not take the foot off the pedal.

If my body holds up, I'm aiming for a PB in Spring 2017. Nothing else will enter my mind.

my pro has said he would rather I go down a bucket size and practice on technique and not just fire through balls .. quality of practice

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Me? Cat 1 and more consistency. Got a winter of changes coming with my pro, and started on Monday.
Hoping the coming year can bring really good things

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
my pro has said he would rather I go down a bucket size and practice on technique and not just fire through balls .. quality of practice

Yep... well that's true sometimes but you can decide for yourself if you can hit 100 with quality or not.

I've practiced next to folk who can hit 100 in the time I hit 20. They have wasted their money and time. Many have actually got worse by the end of the session. I can't imagine you would be like that because you are clearly thinking in the right direction.

You can have your cake and eat it... hit 100 and do it properly. What's stopping you?
Now, if you said you were going every other day and hitting 60 instead of hitting 100 once or twice a week, I might agree.

Rip-it

Medal Winner
www.totalre-dec.co.uk
My aim will be getting down to 5 or below.

When practicing im going to be trying to hit particular shots, it's easier to teach yourself when performing a specific task rather than beating balls.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep... well that's true sometimes but you can decide for yourself if you can hit 100 with quality or not.

I've practiced next to folk who can hit 100 in the time I hit 20. They have wasted their money and time. Many have actually got worse by the end of the session. I can't imagine you would be like that because you are clearly thinking in the right direction.

You can have your cake and eat it... hit 100 and do it properly. What's stopping you?
Now, if you said you were going every other day and hitting 60 instead of hitting 100 once or twice a week, I might agree.

The more balls I have the quicker I hit them I find no idea why

yesterday I went and hit a "slow" for me 30 balls took about 20 mins but felt I had taken my time and thought about the result rather than rushing lol

at the moment I plan to do 60 balls on a Sunday then 30 balls Tuesday and 30 Thursday's

try and play once a fortnight aswell

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
One day at a time, you never know whats coming , but fingers crossed i'll see it out.
I've given up under arm aerosol deodorants,:rofl: so it's roll on next year :D

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
One day at a time, you never know whats coming , but fingers crossed i'll see it out.
I've given up under arm aerosol deodorants,:rofl: so it's roll on next year :D

Play in my first comp! Only play society and friendly golf.

Hopefully get close to single figures, which will mean sorting out the doubles! .

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Handicap-wise single figures is the target for me next year. Getting there will need me to improving my consistency over 18 holes and not succumb to a string of doubles on the back 9.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
i want to be one point something.

two point something was my goal this season, and I've got to 2.7.

I've learnt that small goals are much better than ridiculous ones, and the past couple of seasons i have achieved them.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Three aims for me, which really all roll into one anyway:

1. Make more birdies
2. Shoot a new "competition" PB
3. Get to Cat 1

Doing 1 should help with 2, which will definitely help with 3. Sounds easy when put like that :D