2013 Sportage - 2015 renegade

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Hi all

The Mrs is looking into changing her car. We went to have a browse today and tons of models and the Sportage and renegade were by far out favourites.

Any first hand experience? Good or bad news?

Budget around £8k.

Cheers all

Adam

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I sold father in-laws 2014 Kia Sportage a couple of months ago. Top of the range full sunroof. £8,500 it was immaculate. It was a solid car and I was very impressed. Very roomy and spacious.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
We had 2 Sportages, great cars. Just looking now at the option to lease another, weighing up against a Qashqai, or maybe a Cupra.

Don't know anything about the Renegade, but the Kia is a solid car.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Presume you are referring to the Jeep Renegade
drive both the Sportage and Renegade for work
both very good cars.

i'd be looking at servicing convenience, no point in travelling 30 miles if there is one a couple of miles away

D

Deleted member 18121

Presume you are referring to the Jeep Renegade
drive both the Sportage and Renegade for work
both very good cars.

i'd be looking at servicing convenience, no point in travelling 30 miles if there is one a couple of miles away

Yeah the jeep renegade. We both like the utilitarian look and they seem spacious..... The Sportage seemed a bit more "luxury" inside but there wasn't much in it to be honest.

As for servicing.... Both cars are in the £150-£210 mark with my local ATS for interim and full services, so very much in line with what we currently pay.

Only thing is insurance is about £150 more expensive than the current SX4.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Yeah the jeep renegade. We both like the utilitarian look and they seem spacious..... The Sportage seemed a bit more "luxury" inside but there wasn't much in it to be honest.

As for servicing.... Both cars are in the £150-£210 mark with my local ATS for interim and full services, so very much in line with what we currently pay.

Only thing is insurance is about £150 more expensive than the current SX4.

have a look at the Tuscan - it’s the sportage with a different badge

D

Deleted member 18121

I see posts like this and I cannot believe how expensive insurance is for some folk!

That's not to say it's expensive... We currently pay just over £200 a year fully comp for the 2 of us. The Sportage is looking just under£400

RichA

Visit site
Hi all

The Mrs is looking into changing her car. We went to have a browse today and tons of models and the Sportage and renegade were by far out favourites.

Any first hand experience? Good or bad news?

Budget around £8k.

Cheers all

Adam
I love Jeeps. I went to look at the Renegade when it was released, MrsA having badgered me into getting rid of my much loved Cherokee XJ.
Disappointingly, the seats aren't designed for any human of above average height. If you're tall, you should spend some time sitting in one before you part with any cash.

D

Deleted member 29109

Can’t comment on the Kia’s.
We had a few renegades as pool cars for a while at work a few years ago. They were universally hated, mainly because they weren’t nice places to be due to the cheap feeling interior. They were also not very nice to drive.