Visit site

No HIO
No Albatross
Never a club champ
Never a bogey free round
Never shot under par
Never broke 70
Don’t think I’ve ever hit 18 greens

When I saw the replies to this on Facebook I was surprised to see how many club champions that have shot under par and had an albatross out there.

Perhaps you get the same answers to this as when asking people how far they hit the ball... ?‍♂️
Exactly the same here.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Has anyone on here had an albatross? If so, where and when?

Guy I used to play with, playing off 26, got one. A short par 4, dog-leg right. He had a massive slice with everything, including the putter. A rank, ugly swing, up over the trees on the corner... it was in the hole. Hole-in-one and an albatross done and dusted.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Nearly every hole-in-one I hear about involves something out of the ordinary (says the person who's never had one).

A friend made a 1 at the last at North Berwick which was pretty special and it meant that he had 1s in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland (Portrush!). Some people are born lucky.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Guy I used to play with, playing off 26, got one. A short par 4, dog-leg right. He had a massive slice with everything, including the putter. A rank, ugly swing, up over the trees on the corner... it was in the hole. Hole-in-one and an albatross done and dusted.
Fragger mentioned nothing about this to me.....:unsure::whistle:

D

Deleted member 15344

Yep - the third at The Springs - par 5 , was left about 220 in for the second shot , hit the worst necky low stinger 3 wood that landed about 10 years short and shot forward run along the green hit the pin at a decent rate and dropped - ironically the year someone else also did the same

I have also seen someone get a Hole in One on a par 4 ( 295 )

Zig

Visit site
I excitedly counted up after doing well on the first column to find out I've got 19, but will never get number 20 - winning the Club Champ. :(

For those who've never had a hole in 1... I'd been nowhere near for years, then got 2 in 2 weeks. And have been nowhere near since.

Managed an albatross shortly after becoming a member for the first time. Dead keen, course open on the morning before an afternoon comp I'd entered, and I went out and played the back 9 with a mate that morning. Holed a 3 wood second shot on the 17th/Par 5. My mate wanted to tell everyone about it back in the club, and that was the time I learned that 'practising on the course' was a thing, and I couldn't play in the comp that afternoon. But still had to pay my comp entry. Bittersweet. :)

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t think I have won a club championship
I have won a few board competitions at several clubs.
Albatross.. no I don’t think so.
Under par for 18 .. don’t remember it, been level every club I was a member at, usually in board competitions but best golf was 30years ago so it might have been forgotten with all of the worries of today.
So I think 16.
Par 5 over 520 yards or par 4 over 260yards makes an albatross really out of reach literally.
Club championship, not impossible might happen.

Reactions: Zig

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm Surprised how many have played a round hitting all 18 greens in reg. Must be fairly short courses with massive greens
Out of all of them this is the one that I really don't know if I have or not.
It wouldn't register with me that I'd hit all 18 in regulation..
All the others I would and do remember....I may have hit all 18 in one of my better rounds but....

sunshine

Visit site

18th at Littlestone. Holed out with a 7 iron from 190 yards (after a 320 yard drive). Proper forum distances! ;)

Of course it was downwind in summer on a links course :)