2 Year Waterproof shoes

talksalot81

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi guys,

My dryjoys are getting a bit tired and I doubt they will hold up through the wet winter. I would get another pair but, depending where I look, they are only one year guaranteed. Having had that thrown up, I am now inclined to look and see what else there is as an option. Ecco and Adidas jump out as options but I looked at their websites and there seems to be rather limited info with regards to waterproof guarantees.

Can anyone make suggestions? I don't want to spend an absolute fortune so would rather like to get one of the many styles which are on offer in the sub £100 region.

Thanks

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
2 months ago i would have said Mizuno MP shoes.

Bought a pair just before Christmas last year and they have been fantastic. Problem is they have both just sprang a leak.

They look like a brand new pair of shoes on the outside, but have had to stop wearing them due to the trench foot they cause.

Pretty disappointing to be honest as i usually rate Mizuno clothing very high.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Get the old model Nike Lunar control shoes.

Mine are just on the way out (through wear, still 100% waterproof) after 2 years of heavy use.

D

Deleted Member 1156

While I always find Adidas shoes extremely comfortable they never seem to be very waterproof. I'm going for a slightly different idea, going to get a pair of Sealskinz socks to keep my feet dry instead :thup:

1948griff

Medal Winner
Visit site
While I always find Adidas shoes extremely comfortable they never seem to be very waterproof. I'm going for a slightly different idea, going to get a pair of Sealskinz socks to keep my feet dry instead :thup:

I find that Adidas shoes wear at the heel which is shame as they are so comfortable

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought last years Nike Lunar Control shoes at christmas last year and they recently started to leak, lasted about 10 month. They have a one year guarantee so got them replaced. The new model are a very comfy, hoping they will last a bit longer.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No shoes are really waterproof as water gets in where your socks meet the upper.
I have sealskinz socks and they are brilliant.
I did see a modern version of Greensneekers [rubber shoes] recently and wondered why it has taken so long for them to be replaced.

Some superbly stylish Ecco boots looked impressive as well, very expensive though.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I once saw an old guy put a plastic carrier bag over his sock then turned the top of the sock back down over his ankle and the bag, then put his [leaking ]golf shoe on. Not pretty but it kept his feet and socks dry.

Last edited:

hamshanker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi guys,

My dryjoys are getting a bit tired and I doubt they will hold up through the wet winter. I would get another pair but, depending where I look, they are only one year guaranteed. Having had that thrown up, I am now inclined to look and see what else there is as an option. Ecco and Adidas jump out as options but I looked at their websites and there seems to be rather limited info with regards to waterproof guarantees.

Can anyone make suggestions? I don't want to spend an absolute fortune so would rather like to get one of the many styles which are on offer in the sub £100 region.

Thanks

Found these with 2 yr warranty but whether the soles last 2 yrs is another thing http://www.118golf.co.uk/golf-shoes-mens-golf-shoes/adidas/adidas-crossflex-waterproof-golf-shoes-white-red_ct1552bd39pd16047.htm

talksalot81

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks guys. The other thing that is interesting is that there are very few traditional golf shoes. A lot of the shoes out there look like something Justin Bieber would wear on a night out trying to make 13 yo girls swoon. I'd sooner try wearing denim on a golf course than some of these shoes!!

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I bought a pair of Adidas ATV Tour 360's from Snainton Golf over a year ago, (2yr warranty), and last week with a heavy dew and rain they sprung a leak from the instep on one shoe and toe on the other. I sent Snainton Golf and email and they have replaced them with the new Adizero Tours.

You can't beat customer service like this and I highly recommend them.